6. 'Always..' (3)

I instinctively dodged it, rolling down the stairs. My head banged right in the edges a couple of times, blurring my vision some more.

Thrice I had hurt my head in less than an hour.

But survival instincts kicked in and I immediately stood up on my two feet, the target right before me.

I ran up to the roof with an intent to have a face-to-face meet.

My mobility and rigid metal side rail will help me dodge any potential arrows coming my way.

Or so I thought.

An outburst of arrows at a speed I had never felt before caught me off-guard and one of them hit me through my arm. It went straight through and I shrieked in pain.

Blood had covered my arm and my knees would no longer stand. As they crumbled and I tried to crawl, I looked up again. To place him in the darkness.

For I wondered why didn't he take the final blow?

But to my surprise, I could see no one.

"Where did-" I began to trail off.

Probably relieved of the threat, my body gave up as my eyes closed, unable to be opened and my hands couldn't crawl anymore..

"Fuck...wh-" I said in pain, a second before my head started spinning.

Would love some chocolate sundae right about now.

Either way, in the middle of the stairs, with one of my legs hanging freely, I passed out.

"Aahhhhh!" I moaned as a burst of light hit through my eyes.

They shut themselves off aggressively as my face jerked to my right.

"Mom...turn it off..." I said, turning my side.

It was only when my hand hit the metallic rail that I realized my state.

"WHAT THE-" I said, forcing my eyes to focus through the light.

It took time and immense concentration but I was able to actually see things. Still opaque though.

I gathered some strength to sit up as I rubbed my sleepy eyes.

I looked at the watch. "7:49" it said.

"Shit.." I said, holding my head with both hands. It still hurt.

But I was contend to know that the mask was still in place. And so was the hood.

I did activate measures for electrifying anyone who touched my hood. Still, it wasn't exactly foolproof.

I groaned in my place as I finally stood up with the help of my hand which burst into sudden pain.

I looked to my hand in response, shocked that there was a white bandage across my arm under the uniform.

Pushing my sleeve up further and slowly removing the bottom half of the bandage, some proper League of Assassins' potions-cum-medicine was apparent. You could smell it from a mile when freshly applied. Helps in sleeping as well.

There was also a note hanging with an arrow through it to the wall.

"Get a fresh one and don't put much pressure on it, Thia..

Hope you slept well," it stated in proper Arabic. I wasn't proficient in it but I knew enough.

"Who was that guy..!?" I wondered, apart from the wrong spelling of my name. Probably because of the Arabic.

And worse, now he knows my identity as well. Shit.

Putting that thought aside, I looked down the stairs.