-𝕠𝕟𝕖-

˚ ˛ •˛˚ ˛ •˛ ˚ ˛ •˛˚ ˛ •˛

Eddie Kaspbrak stared at his ceiling once again, another plain old day passed by in the boring town of Derry. He was counting the days til he could finish high school and leave the town forever, he never wanted to come back, once he left he'd forget all about it.

For now all the small boy could do was hope the days went by quicker, hope the homophobic slurs and horrible days in Derry high would soon end.

Sometimes the boy would pray the school would catch on fire with a few people of his choosing and never re-open again. Yes it was a horrible thing to wish for, but it was just a thought and you'd have to go to derry high to say such things about the place. Eddie absolutely despised the people that attended that hell zone, well all except for one person.

All except for Richie.

Eddie had grown used to Richie's stupid nicknames for him and jokes about his mother. Beyond all of that though, Richie was a sweet guy, well to Eddie he was. He had always been there for the small boy and protected him as much as he could, although once or twice Henry had beaten the living shit out of Eddie and seriously injured him, that was only because Henry had him cornered behind the school and no one could hear his cries of help. Richie had of course afterwards broke Henry's nose and made sure to kick him extra hard in the crotch.

Sure Eddie had Beverly and Bill and Stan. But they weren't as close to him as Richie was, perhaps that's because Richie and Eddie had practically grown up together. They'd been living in Derry for as long as they remembered and they couldn't wait to get the hell out.

• • •

After a while of just lying in bed, thinking, Eddie decided to finally do his homework. Which would take up half of his day.

Before he could get started, Richie burst into his room, his nose all bloody and his eye bruised.

"What the hell! Are you okay?" Eddie asked walking up to the stumbling boy and helping him sit down on the bed.

Richie looked at Eddie. "Does it fucking look like I'm okay?!"

"Jesus...sorry for asking..." Eddie mumbled. The small boy rushed to his bathroom and got the first aid kit.

He drenched a towel in water and started to wipe the blood coming from Richie's nose.

"What happened?" Eddie asked.

"Oh you know, just ran into Henry again."

"Rich! How many times have I told you not to say anything to him!" Eddie shook his head and threw the bloody towel into his laundry bin.

"Well I can't really help it when he's talking shit about my friends..." Richie mumbled.

"Stay here.." The small boy raced down the stairs and quickly grabbed an ice pack from his freezer, then he ran back upstairs to where he found Richie lying down, his eyes closed.

"I'm so tired.." He whispered.

"You're not gonna die on me are you?" Eddie asked jokingly.

"If I stay in this god damn town any longer I just might."

Eddie sighed and put the ice pack up against Richie's eye.

"Hold it there alright?"

"Yeah, yeah.."

Eddie let the boy be and rest while he tried to focus on his English homework. He had to get an essay done for tomorrow, all he had to do was finish up writing his conclusion.

Despite the fact that Eddie absolutely hated school, he still did all the assignments and tried his best to get good grades, which he did a good job in doing, the boy mostly got As and Bs. He didn't work hard because he wanted to, it was because he needed to. He needed good grades to get into a good college and get a nice successful job, or else he'd end up being stuck in Derry for the rest of his life, having the job of a custodian.

"Hey Rich?" Eddie asked after a while.

"Mm?" Richie replied, sounding groggy.

"Don't get into anymore fights with Bowers alright? I hate seeing you all beaten up..."

Richie sighed. "But Eds you know how I get when he says stupid shit. I can't help but throw a punch at him. That shitbag deserves it."

"I know but...please just avoid him. I don't want you getting hurt anymore."

"Whatever. I'll try. Sometimes I think he just messes with me because he wants to fuck me. I mean who doesn't wanna fuck-"

"Oh rich just shut up!" Eddie shook his head, a small smile on his lips. Even throughout the worse of situations, Richie always found a way to crack a joke, even if it wasn't the right time. Sometimes a smile or two was spread amongst the faces of his friends, most of the time however, Richie would get a death glare and a roll of eyes, who could blame them though?

Richie could be a bit of an ass at times, Eddie didn't mind though. He'd accepted it, it was sort of just Richie's way of being himself. Eddie didn't mind a lot of things Richie did, perhaps it was because he had developed a liking for the curly headed asshole.

• • •

(sorry for the boring chapter, I guess it was more of a introduction.)