first name basis?

"Kazuya," you whispered to no one particularly but to yourself. 

You drew your hand to touch your lips, as if you've said something so alien, something so strange. You've been wondering for awhile how Miyuki's first name would sound coming out from your mouth.

That explains why you're in your room in the middle of the night, lights turned off, and under the blanket. It was weird, you concluded, but it didn't make it less desirable for you to actually be able to call your lover his first name. 

You managed to carry that worry onto the next morning. This happened way too often than you would like to admit, the fact that you're daydreaming first thing in the morning. The whole thing wasn't supposed to be a big deal but your brain tend to work a wonder on their own, and you couldn't help that. 

But despite all of that, someone was always there to cease your train of thought. The classroom door opened, revealing Miyuki looking refreshed as usual. The aftermath of morning practice, you assumed. Or maybe he was just that delighting.

He scanned the room quietly, looking for something. He looked at you then his eyes sparked slightly, it was very subtle, but you didn't let it go unnoticed. This is Miyuki we're talking about anyway. It would freeze on the summer if he were to wear what he's feeling on his sleeve anywhere he went. You smiled at your little imagination of Miyuki being honest all the time.

You waved a little while he made your way to your seat. "I noticed you've been smiling goofily this early in the morning," he stated, the usual laid-back yet mocking smile rose. "Only because I thought I saw someone being cute just now." You grinned, thinking that Miyuki had definitely rubbed off of you. "Yeah you can forget that now, I can't possibly take the cute one title from you now can't I? Though I can possibly try and succeed." He took the seat in front of your table, using it backwards so he's facing you. 

That caught you off guard so you brought your gaze the the window, expression flustered. The gesture encouraged Miyuki's smirk. "Zip it, Miyuki. And no, no you can't."

"Oh yeah?"

"Uh-uh, 100% not possible."

"Are you really sure?"

"Yep, you're not cute at all."

A light chuckle escaped him, "Alright then, I'm fine being the hot one in this relationship."

You rolled your eyes at his statement. You return your eyes to his figure, his usual overbearing resting face was there. As you thought, you loved moments like this with him the most. Pointless conversations and inside jokes with him were the best. But today your mind seemed to stuck at one damn thing.

If only you had the courage to call him by his first name, that would be great. How you looked at it, calling the catcher by the first name would surely bring you both closer than before. That's how it was for everyone after all. You called Miyuki by his first name silently so many times for your own satisfaction, on your house, or on the way to school, or in this classroom, even in front of the very guy. Even then those weren't enough, you thought.

"Kazuya.." You pleaded.

You widened your eyes, realizing you actually said that out loud. You immediately put a hand over your mouth, feeling frantic. You cursed to yourself over and over again hoping it would do something like turning back time, but it didn't. You were afraid as to what kind of face Miyuki was making, but you decided to take a peek.

And that's what the most shocking thing of all. A faint rosy shade on one side of his cheek, though not clearly visible, as he put a hand on his face. You were stunned, never once in your life you thought you were gonna see this unexpected side of Miyuki. It made your heart raced a thousand times faster than it usually did, and that's saying a lot.

You weren't sure what words should came out so you stayed quiet. Miyuki recovered way faster than to your liking. "Ahh, you're a real piece of work, you know that? Catching people off guard like that." He pushed your forehad with his index finger lightly, his features a bit shaken, perhaps replying the scene over and over again in his head yet his smile was always there regardless.

"You were right."

"About what?"

"The title. That was really cute, calling my first name with such expression."

"..."

"Yep, nothing could possibly beat that."

[a/n: god, can you hear the cocky grin on his last sentence?]