can't sleep.

[a little random drabble]

                The muffled background noises woke Miyuki up, the absent of your presence besides him was clear. He sat up right and grabbed the glasses on the bedside table. The glowing source of light of digital clock showed an unusual time for someone to be up and about. 3:28 a.m.

He went out of the room, walking towards the sound that woke him. Instead, he found you sitting on the couch, hugging your knees with blanket wrapped around you. The animated chattering noises was then solved, you were watching cartoons. The lights were dimmed, you only turned on the floor lamp that belonged at the corner of the living room.

"Hey, can't sleep?" Miyuki called out to you subtly, voice still groggy. You jumped slightly at the sudden different voice from the show you're watching. You turned your head to him and whispered, "Hey, sorry did I wake you?"

The reason you were up was because you were having a minor stomach cramp, it really wasn't comfortable and you kept turning around on the bed, putting the pillows on different parts of your body, you figured it was just a matter of time until you'll wake Miyuki up. So you decided to invade the living room instead, yet the unpleasantness kept you from sleeping the pain away.

Miyuki sat beside you, his hair was messy like every strand of it had a mind on their own about where to go. "Forget about me, you alright?" He put a hand on your thigh then squeezed it gently. You put your hand atop of his, his knuckles felt rough on your palm. "Yeah, just a little cramp, nothing I can't handle."

Miyuki raised an eyebrow, "Are we playing pretend now?" Before you could open your mouth, he pulled you making you lie down, your head was on his thigh. His hands worked fast and well, putting the blanket over your body. "If it hurts, it hurts. Don't try to hide it, bother me for god's sake." Your tongue tied, knowing now Miyuki had understood every bit of what was it you were trying to do.

"But you're tired, Kazuya." You managed to say, reaching out to tuck back his strand of hair that was hanging down freely while you're both facing each other. "No, I'm not," he stated. Miyuki had been practicing a lot now that he's the new team captain, and there's no way that those overtime did not weaken his usual self.

"Are we playing pretend now?" You threw his words back at him, wearing the similar expression he had then. He chuckled, half-expecting the retortion. "Shut up," he said ever so softly, while running his finger over the top of your head and down to your hair. The gesture made you sleepy, the pain was long eased up, all because of Miyuki simply being there.

"Thank you, Kazuya." You mumbled, you felt his body relaxed a bit, leaning back, seemed like to get some sleep as well. He hummed tiredly back, resting his hand on top of your head. "Next time, we do this on bed, alright?"

Okay, next time.