happy birthday, kazuya.

"So, Kazu, hypothetically, if someone were to get you something for your birthday next week, what would you want?" You asked, while sitting beside him on the usual bench, playing with the straw of your chocolate milk. This brought an encouraged smirk to what was an already irking expression on his face. "Yeah? And who is this 'someone'?" He glanced at you, tilting his head innocently. "Kazuya I beg you just play along for once," you whined, puffing your cheek.

"But you have to know that you're really bad at that, right?"

"Just answer the question, geez!"

Since who knows when you've been really terrible at hiding something and of course being the exact opposite, Miyuki is really good at reading people. Yep. Match made in heaven.

Well it was all fun and games until his birthday came up and your surprises were found out right away by the said person. Miyuki is a tease, but he's considerate. Of course he would be, seeing you on the verge of tears because the hard work you've put into his birthday surprise went up in flame.

"I'm still really happy, really." He said, while holding you close to his chest.

After what you would call a failure last year, now you're just left with many confusions because what are you going to do this year? Should you try for another surprise party? A romantic night with just the two of you? What would he like more? And of course, gifts.

Here's the thing with Miyuki, he likes nothing in particular, and also the same can be said about his dislikes. That's why brainstorming has been hell and you thought to yourself, why not just ask the guy directly? Might as well do that, before another disaster of a plan was brewing inside your bedroom.

"I keep telling you, I'll be happy with anything you got me," he leaned back, eyes returning to the baseball scorebooks, scanning. "Yeah right," You let out a sigh out of frustration, leaning back following his gesture. And there's another thing with Miyuki you forgot, he took anything else other than baseball (and you) so nonchalant and lightly. A hundred bucks says if you didn't remind him all the time, he would forget about his own birthday.

-

"Kuramochi, what will you get for Miyuki this year?" You asked just before a subject starts, since his assigned seat was next to you. "Abundance friendship," He answered without hesitation, not stopping even for a second to think.

"You're broke, aren't you?"

"Yep, without a doubt."

You let out another horror grunt out of frustration. "I will tell you this though, his baseball gloves' stitches has become really loose lately, he kept complaining about it and said wanted to change it but never did," He shrugged. "I've thought about it but isn't it really hard to make something like that?" You remembered the time where you were watching videos about it. "Yeah, it is. But there are a lot of custom shop for that." He said. Right about when you want him to ask where they are, a teacher walked in, shutting you up.

But it doesn't matter, cause something just clicked in your head and you had an idea for what to do now.

You arrived home that day, immediately went to ask your mom is there anyone in the family that runs a baseball equipment factory since you remembered hearing about it once on a family gathering. "Oh yeah, I did remember your uncle mentioning something like that? I'll give him a call."

"Okay, thanks mom!"

-

The next day when you just finished your last class, your mom texted you saying that your uncle has given you the okay and that you should visit him in Kodaira. Let's see, right now you're in Kokubunji, and to get to Kodaira you need to get past 3 stations from the Seibu Kokubunji line, the station you're going to right now and got off on the Ogawa station.