17

It took Jungkook a while to convince you to go to that party, but in all honesty you just didn't want to go. You knew very well that there's gonna be more than just an apology, but for some reason Jungkook believed that in this way, he'll also announce your relationship publicly.

You finally agreed, but something in you told you to not make a single step out there without Jungkook standing next to you. They might be planning something else other than just a pathetic apology.

A few hours after your father's call, he finally sent Jungkook the address and the time. You had 2 days until that evening. During these two days you have to buy a dress, because all your clothes were still at your house, but going back there was the last thing you planned on doing.

So you decided to dedicate the next day for the shopping of the dress you'll be  wearing. 

You didn't know wether it'll be a party with many guests or just family members invited, so you decided to look for a simple yet elegant dress.

Jungkook gave you his credit card, constantly apologizing that he couldn't make it because of some work stuff.
Instead, he gave you the address of the best store for elegant dresses.

You took a taxi and arrived there in less than 20 minutes. Honestly speaking, that place was huge, the walls were white with grayish details printed onto them, the windows were immense, from the inside covered with white draperies. It really was an expensive place.

You slowly walked in, only to be greeted by a polite assistant.  "I suppose you're Miss Y/n?"

"Yes." you hummed in response, looking around.

"Mr. Jeon had called us and informed us about your little problem." she chuckled. "Can you describe the dress you'd like to wear?" you were a bit taken aback by her friendly side.

"Oh of course." you sweetly smiled. "Maybe not a short dress nor a long one, something in between. Something gentle and feminine, not revealing." you described what you had in mind, wanting to see what she would show you.

"I think i have the perfect dress for you miss." she bowed and told you to wait a little more because the dress is on another floor.

While waiting, you sat on the petite couch and started admiring every dress that was hung in the vitrines. Indeed they all were gorgeous and you couldn't take your eyes off of them. That was until a figure stood in front of you, blocking your view..

"Hey..." when you looked up you saw a very familiar face. Arria.

"Hey." you answered shortly, not wanting to make a scene here.

"Can I talk to you?" she asked and at the same time the assistant came back with a dress in her hands. You motioned her to wait a little bit more because you had something to discuss with Arria.

"Sure." you agreed, signaling her to sit next to you.

"Look Y/n...I'm really sorry for what has happened between us.." she said playing with her fingers out of nervousness.

"I guess I was too obsessed with the thought of him leaving me. But now I understood everything." she continued.

"Really?" you asked in disbelief, getting a bit confused of her sudden apology.

"I'm really sorry.. I-" she said and quickly got up and walked out of the store.

What had just happened?

After the weird conversation with Arria, you nevertheless tried on the dress the assistant gave you and honestly it was the perfect dress. The color it had perfectly fit you, and Jungkook would like it too.

On your way home you couldn't stop thinking about the apology thing that's going on. First your parents and now Arria. Something doesn't feel right.

Time skip | the party evening

"Here we are..." you said eyeing your parents' mansion.

"Yes.. Guess we aren't the only guests here." Jungkook chuckled.

"How could I think that my parents want to apologize to me without hundreds of people around.." you sighed, eyeing the people who were present.

"Let's just go and see what happens." he embraced your waist with one hand.

The moment you two entered the huge living room, all eyes were on you. The most of them were eyeing the necklace L'Incomparable which has found its perfect place on your chest. Many of the guests already knew about your relationship with Jungkook but the others were kind of shocked when they saw the way Jungkook holds you.

"They're approaching us." Jungkook whispered.

"Good evening my dear." your mom greeted you, hugging you tightly. "You two look perfect together." she said sending a sweet yet somehow fake smile to Jungkook.

"Good evening Mrs Lee." he bowed.

"So what's this event for? We could've gathered together without so many people." you coldly stated.

"That was your father's wish darling."

'Where is he?" you looked aroun, tryinf to find him.

"Talking with Sehun right over there." she looked over at the champagne table.
"Jungkook why don't you go talk to them?"

"I don't drink." he told her, a hint of nervousness present in his voice.

"Oh come on, it's an important evening, you and Y/n will be officially a couple." she said pushing him slightly into their direction. You looked at Jungkook giving him an reassuring smile.

"Done.." your mother exhaled relieved.

"What?" you asked confused.

"Nothing dear... How were those weeks without us?" she changed the subject, taking you softly by your arm and heading to another room.

Why is everyone so suspicious?