silky

(Aksels pov)
************

I'm sitting in my kitchen, with frosting and crumbs all over the floor. Lola seems to be very interested in what me and Alex are making.
The smell of cupcakes wafts through the room, creating an indistinct ambiance to the place. I set down the metal tray filled with gooey batter into the oven with Alex, me on one side, him on the other.
As we shut the door, we leaned into each other, him on my chest, I could feel his heartbeat next to mine. Smooth 50s era love songs could be heard in the background, as we swayed back and forth in a repetitive motion.

I swung him into the dining room, where the music had originated from. He seemed so small, so cute in my arms. His hands trailed up and down by back as we waltzed around the room.
I can't remember ever being happier.
My head spinning the opposite direction as us, my heart pounding, my legs feeling loose, but still I have never felt this joy in my life, nothing could even come close.
Holding him in my arms, it felt so right, so perfect in every way, I'm positive that this boy is my soulmate, every fibre of my being tells me its true.
I nestled my head down onto his shoulder, and hugged him closer in. His head rested next to mine.
I never wanted to let go.

We both lifted our heads up, I looked down in his big brown eyes, and slowly pulled in, my lips so close to his, and then...
and then...

and then I woke up, my breath short,
my heart in this immense, burning, screaming feeling. One second I was in this silky paradise, the next I'm back to being this lonely shell of a man. I felt like I could just shatter into a million pieces and not worry about it in the slightest.

Heavy, heavy, heavy.
Something crushing me, holding me down. A house, a whale, the moon itself.
Heavy.

I wondered that if I would go back to sleep, I'd have a similar dream. Something that felt so real in the moment.
So real.

I breathed in deeply through my nose, and out through my mouth, and tugged my sheets closer to me.

—————————————————————

wow the classic "and then they wake up" trope, sooo original

sorry for such a bland filler but i just really wanted to write something fluffy, but it doesnt go with the story so i pulled the cliche "and then they wake up"
dont worry though, im writing and editing a better chapter atm

also !! new cover, who dis ;-)