stuttering

(Alexis' pov)
************
I was interrupted by a soft knock on my door, followed by a voice, I was too tucked under my covers to really tell who it was.
"Hey Alex?"
I sniffed, shit was that too loud? Can they tell I was crying. I bet they can tell I was crying.
"Uh, yeah?"
"

Aksels plane is gonna arrive in like 20 minutes, we're gonna head out if you wanna come."
Should I? I want to see him. But does he want to see me? After all I've done to him, I don't think it would be fair. But I would be seeing him anyway at some point, so maybe I should.

I sat up and rubbed my eyes.
"Yeah, just give me a minute."
Across from me was a mirror on top of, I guess a vanity/ dresser. I could see that my eyes are swollen and red. You could definitely tell I was crying. So, I creaked open my door and dashed into the bathroom down the hall. I pulled a soft cloth from one of the racks and poured cold water onto it.
Gently, I pressed my eyes with it and kept checking the mirror to see if it was working.
Not really, but you probably wouldn't think that I had been sobbing uncontrollably for like half an hour at first glance.
I set down the washcloth and head out.

Everyone was standing down the hall waiting for me. All their heads turned when I stepped into the room.
"Heeey Alex..." Kwite patted my back.
Oh god here it comes.
"You... doin alright there, pal?"
I put on that fake smile, the kind that I've been using when I film videos, or stream, or anything like that. Don't want anyone to worry. Don't wanna hurt anybody else.
"Yeah, of course man!" I said.
That was too aggressively happy, they all think I'm weird now, I know it.
"S- " I took a moment, "So are we gonna go now or what?"
Okay this is good, if I keep this confidence up, maybe I'll survive the trip. Maybe it'll be just like last time, perfectly normal. We're all just friends hanging out like friends do.

"Aight, lets head out." Brandon said with a grin.
Henry, Ani, Kwite, Brandon, Hooverr, and a small, scared little boy with a few too many thoughts exited the house and stepped into their respective vehicles.

I sighed, what am I supposed to do when I get there? Say hi? Do I hug him? How awkward will it be? What do I do if he pulls me aside and starts talking about what had happened the other day? Oh my god oh my god oh my god this is gonna be horrible.
I sat there and worried and worried for the couple minutes we were driving.
Soon we arrived, everything was a blur of jumbled thoughts and feelings from there.

As I saw Aksel running to me with his long arms outstretched, a small breath fell from my lips. I felt him heave into me, and as his shoulder met my chin, I could feel my entire face heat up.
What's wrong? I feel a strange tug in my stomach. A different sort of thing, it's unnerving, but also sorta nice. My brain went fuzzy and dim when he said my name, and me being in his comfortable and caring arms. Something is different, I dont know what, but something is different.
It felt like I could just stay there forever and forget about all my problems. It was bliss.
Hold on, no its not, its normal and nothing about it was special. Just a hug from a friend I haven't seen in awhile. Nothing out of the ordinary and nothing different.

"Hey man! How's it going?" He said dearly.
"Oh, I'm um- I'm uh... um..." I stuttered, my eyes struggled to find a place to look, up, down, but never directly at him.
He chuckled, followed by a "You good?"
"Yeah I-"
Just then, everyone came pouring in from around the corner, thank god.
"Aksel!!" They yelled cheerfully, and went in for a hug.
My entire face felt hot. My head was still in that trance, spinning wildly.
I stood behind Aksel while he hugged everyone else one by one.
"Hey everyone! It's been too long! What's s h a k i n g?" Aksel said in his dumb little voice.
Brandon answered "Waiting for you, dumbass"
"Brother its not my fault the flight took forever.

(Aksels pov)
***********
My eyes darted around the group, looking for Alex.
I turned around and saw him standing, feet pointed inwards with his head down behind me.
Something's wrong.
I didn't want to bother him about it right now, maybe he just feels sick or something. I don't know.
Soon, after the hugs and hellos, we began to leave.

I pulled my suitcase behind me, with everyone standing next to eachother.
Except Alex, he still had his head low, sulking.
I slowed down a bit so that he could catch up with me.
Fuck, he's so cute. I just want to pick him up and carry him through the airport.
I pat him on the back.
"Uhh, hey."
He looked up. "Hi"
"How going?"
He giggled "Bruh, are you dyslexic"
"No its-"
"Wait thats not how dyslexia works I'm pretty sure."
We laughed and I bumped my shoulder into his.
It was kinda quiet for a bit.
I know I should say something, we should be chatting up a storm right now, we're best friends. I don't know what to say though.
I gotta keep the energy up, or else it'll get awkward. I can't get all emotional all of a sudden. I've gotta keep the flow going.

"So, how was your flight?" He said suddenly. I saw that his expression changed drastically, a wide smile. He didn't look like the same Alex that was standing behind me with his head down earlier.
"It was looooong, ugh! I'm glad I'm off it and here with you guys, I'm so ready to eat something big! All I had was peanuts and water." I answered.
"Oh, I hate those packets, on my flight the lady came around and I didn't want to sound rude and say no when she asked because it seemed like she really wanted to give me some, so I took it and-" Alex unzipped his backpack from the side and pulled out a small plastic baggy with peanuts.
I burst out laughing and he joined in. It was nice, walking together and laughing like how we used to.

Okay, so maybe this trip won't be that bad.