Not enough - Bruce

You were so excited when you came home from the last day of school with your grades in your hands. You had just finished 8:th grade, and you had been doing your absolute best the whole year. Damn, you had been so caught up in school that you had gone out with a friend twice during the whole school year.

"Dad, I'm home!" you called as soon as you walked in, and your father's happy face wasn't taking too long to come there.

"Hi sweetheart! Was the last day good? Have you gotten your grades yet?" Bruce asked you, and you nodded with excitment and handed your father the paper with your grades. He seemed really pleased. A, A+, B, B+, B+, A.... it all continued until he came to science and math. That's where his smile dropped.

"Y/N... why does it stand that you have C in math and B- in science?" he asked you, looking up from the paper. Instantly, your excitment dropped to the level where you were worried.

"Well... I've been doing my best the whole year... I guess those were a little harder than expected..." you said, looking down on the floor and at your feet. You had expected Bruce to be happy over your grades, but you could feel his disapointed gaze.

A sigh was heard, and a small, quick pat on your shoulder.

"Try harder next year, okay?" was all he said before handing you back your grades and walked off to his precious lab.

You were absolutely heartbroken. You went to your room and just cried. You even skipped dinner because you were too upset to see your dad. A week later of not eating meals with him and just sitting on your room, you decided that it was time to change. So, the rest of the summer you were out partying, and stopped hanging out with your dad. Not joining in on meals, no joining on trips. Nothing. What he had said and made you feel like upset you to your very core, so now you tried to stop caring.

When the school started, you were a completely changed person. You had gone from being a hardworking student to a partying trouble maker. You began to come late to lessons, sometimes you even ditched them.

You didn't see Bruce much. You both had developed a thing of not talking, but you took it as a sign that he hated you. He hated you so much that he couldn't even bare himself to say hi to you the few times you two crossed paths. After about a while, you stopped calling him dad. Not that he talked to you anyway. No, it was around your new friends that you called him Bruce instead, then you drunkely laughed about how nerdy that name was.

Of course Bruce noticed too late, when he got endless calls from the school that you were late or had skipped a class. He tried to talk to you about it all when you had embraced the fact that he didn't care, and he was surprised when you didn't even call him dad.

He just couldn't figure out where this was coming from. He had been disapointed when he saw your grade in math and science last year, he couldn't deny that, but now his daughter wasn't even taking those classes anymore.

It was all put to an end one day when Bruce got a call from the school. He assumed that she had skipped class again and prepared himself for making an excuse for her to get away, but he was shocked to hear that apparently you had been drinking way too much that you had thrown up before passing out. Hard. The school had called an ambulance, and you where in the hospital for overdrinking.

Bruce thanked the principle and hurried away to the hospital. He asked where you were, only to learn that he had to wait until the doctors where finished with you.

It took an hour before hw was finally able to see you. He got into the hospital room, and saw how truly aweful you looked. The clothes you were wearing was something you both had been strictly against, and you wore a lot of makeup. Your whole body had a disgusting stench of alcohole.

"Oh sweetheart... how did it get this far?..." Bruce asked himself as he sat down in a chair next to you and grabbed your hand. "When did this even start? Was I so caught up in everything I forgot the most important thing in my life? I'm sorry, Y/N..."

"You don't even know what you're sorry for..." your mumbeling voice came from the bed. Your father looked at your face again to see you awake, but you looked away from him.

"What?..." he whisperd to you in a hushed tone.

"Am I still a disapointment, Bruce?" you snorted. "Don't answer that. I know that I am. I couldn't even please you when I did my absolute best. I nearly lost my friends because I tried so hard, but that didn't matter to you, did it? Not a word from you from that week. Yes I kept myself away from you because I was upset, but how could I possibly be more upset than the great Bruce Banner when he found out that I wasn't good enough for him."

Bruce was shocked. He finally understood. After all this time, he finally understood. He had pushed you away from him, made you feel unloved while you pushed yourself away from him. She didn't even call him for her father anymore for god's sake!

So, he said the only thing he could, with all of of his heart in his words.

"I'm sorry, my daughter."

A/N so, I know this is pretty extreme, but this is the idea I had and I'm tired soooo....