Chapter Twenty-Eight

Published: September 15, 2019
Word count: 2101

She reads the text and groans, immediately running back to Suhee's side. "SSUUUUUU HE TEXTED ME WHAT DO I DOOOOO!"
SuHee looks at the text, but can't understand the korean and laughs. "Well what did he say?"
"Oops... he just said 'hi, it's Yohan'. BUT WHAT DO I DO!!"
"Reply. Duh. Say hi back."
Mina moans and presses her face into her friend's shoulder. "But ... but! I should wait a little before responding. That way I don't sound desperate."
"Oh for Juice sake. You're a manager. You're supposed to have your phone on you at all times." SuHee laughs.
Mina whines "I'm horrible with talking ."
"Just say something like. Hey, how's your day going? Or what're you up to, hot stuff?" She adds with a tease.
"NOOOO!"
Mina collapses dramatically on the bed. "Fine... I'll say hello."
"Wow. So brave." She laughs and pulls on her shirt, sighing and grabbing her glasses when she feels the headache coming on. "You ready?"
Mina looks up from her typing. "Huh? Oh. Yeah, sorry. I'm coming." She gets up and walks out the room, staring at the screen while trying to decide what to say to Yohan.
SuHee grabs her friend and tugs her out of the way of the door post. "Mina. You're gonna hurt yourself." She teases.
"Uh.. oops.." she finally presses send and tucks the phone in her pocket.
"Why am I so nervous about this???"
SuHee wraps an arm around her friend and smirks. "Cuz you're crushing hard!"

Mina grumbles under her breath. She grabs the keys to their borrowed car, holding them up to jingle in front of SuHee's face. "We don't have to take the bus today~" she says in a singsong voice.
She smiles and hums. "We need to get a car. Are you driving or me?"
Mina looks at the keys. "I drove last night. You can try it today." She holds them out and drops them in Su's palm.
"Oooh. I bet it's nicer than that bus." SuHee laughs and locks the door behind them.
"I guess I'll need to help you read the street signs and stuff." Mina thinks aloud as she slides into the passenger side.
SuHee shrugs. "Cheated yesterday. I had maps telling me where to go." She laughs and shakes her head. "I don't understand how I got my license without being able to read the signs...."
"Or speak Korean to the instructor..." Mina mumbles. "I'm having second thoughts, now..."
"Hey! I drove the BUS yesterday!" SuHee sighs and tosses the keys back. "Okay, fine. I'll finish learning Korean first. But that instructor spoke English!"
Mina huffs a laugh. "I was joking!" She reaches across the shoves the key into the ignition. "Drive, Nam SuHee. I'm not scared of you."
"Well now IM scared of me! I understand why Kookie was so scared."
Mina frowns. "Kookie was scared? Are you sure he didn't just see the sasaengs?"
"No he was scared when I said to get on the bus."
"That doesn't sound like him at all. Could there be something about the bus...?"
"Hmm maybe." SuHee frowns. "I'll ask him about it later."
"Are we planning on taking the bus today?" Mina clicks her seatbelt in place.
SuHee nods. "Yeah. But if there's something that makes him panic I'll take him and one of the others in the car." She starts the car and pulls into the street.
Mina makes a face. "If we took two cars, everyone could fit. It would be cramped, but it would draw less attention than a huge black bus."
"True. When we get there I'll talk to him. Maybe I did scare him." She turns into the highway and hums. "I miss driving."
"We should price a car and see if we can afford one. I like this much better than going on the bus. One, we don't have to walk to the bus stop in all the weather. Two, we won't be recognized. Have you noticed we've been getting recognized a lot more recently?"
SuHee hums a little. "Not really. I don't pay attention to people enough to notice. Just enough to know if they're about to attack me." She pauses. "Oh! Except for that girl at the bus stop."
"I've noticed." Mina hums, watching the other cars pass by.
"There's been more people noticing and pointing us out or simply staring. Apparently we're not popular enough for many to approach us."
"Thank god for that." SuHee hums, switching lanes to avoid a truck.
The other girl chuckles. "True. I'm not good at talking to strangers."
"I can. But I don't like to." SuHee huffs and glances at her.