Chapter Twenty-Nine

Published: September 22, 2019
Word count: 2561

In Mina's car, the Maknae have taken control of the radio, Jungkook sitting up front with Jimin and Tae in the back, singing along and dancing sillily. Mina grins at them, occasionally glancing in the mirror to witness their silliness.
EXID's Up And Down comes on the radio and Jungkook whoops, as it's one of his favorites. He starts dancing in his seat and Jimin records him , his rainbow laugh filling the car. Mina is laughing so hard, her eyes start to water. She slows the car, wiping her eyes.

"Gosh, I'm going to wreck us. You're killing me, Kookie!"
Jimin turns the camera to see her in the mirror. "Don't kill Mina!" He laughs.
Jungkookie giggles, patting Mina's arm. "Don't forget to breathe, Noona!"
"I'm trryyiinngg!" Mina squeaks, sounding much like Jin's windshield wiper laugh.
Tae laughs loudly. "You sound like Jin-Hyung!"
Mina blushes. "I- I do sometimes."

She flips on the turn signal and looks over her shoulder to  change lanes.
"Wait!" Jimin shouts, causing Mina to jerk the wheel, getting back in her lane. Just as she gets out of the way, a sports car shoots by.
"Holy -" Mina just barely keeps herself from swearing. "Ugh... there's another idiot born every day."
Jungkook stares in shock and Tae looks at Mina. "You okay?"
Jimin glances down and sees that he caught it on video. All the laughter is gone from the car as Mina grips the steering wheel angrily. "That guy could have hurt you guys!"

Behind them in the hyung's car, Namjoon is staring in shock. "What's his problem?! He almost hit them!"
SuHee nods and glances at the windshield. "Do these cars have cameras?"
Yoongi shrugs. "Not that I'm aware. They usually put them in for our trips, but I don't think for normal driving."
SuHee nods and takes a deep breath, following Mina.

A few minutes later, they turn onto a smaller road. Another few minutes and they turned onto a dirt road.
"There it is!!" Taehyung shouts, pointing to the buildings in the distance, sitting in the middle of a field with just a few other buildings around it. A lake sparkles nearby, reflecting the blue sky.
"Oh, it's beautiful!" Mina gasps.
SuHee slows the car on accident. "Wow...."
"I love it here!" Hoseok cheers.

SuHee park's the car and gets out. "Mina. You okay?"
Mina gets out and comes to her friend, giving her a hug. "Yeah. That idiot almost ran us over and it scared me."
"I wrote down the license plate." Jungkook volunteers.
"Oh. That's good."
"Yes, you can turn him in to the police and hopefully they'll punish him." Mina nods, still a bit angry.
"I'll do it." SuHee announces. "Just give me the number."
Jungkook taps away on his phone for a couple minutes, then SuHee's dings. He texted her the plate and the number.
Mina grabs her sleeve. "Wait... what about your Korean?"
SuHee looks at her and takes a deep breath. "Fine. You do it." She tells her quietly.
The other girl frowns. "I wasn't saying you COULDN'T do it..."
Taehyung whines nearby. "Let's goooo."
Namjoon pats SuHee's shoulder. "It can wait until we get done here, can't it?"

She nods and follows along behind them, thinking quietly. The Maknae chase each other around the group and mess around, hyper and excited about the days events. They walk through the field up to the building, and Jimin runs inside.

"Granny!!" He shouts.
An elderly woman peeks out of a room and her face lights up. "My Puppy!!"

She hobbles forward and she and Jimin collide in a huge hug. SuHee watches and smiles, enjoying the small reunion. Taehyung gets a sad look on his face. Seokjin notices, quickly to his side and back hugging him. SuHee watches the eldest comfort him and her smile fades a little, remembering that he doesn't have his grandma anymore. Tae smiles sadly, hugging Jin's arms and saying something in Korean. Jungkook walks over and hugs him as well, Jin resting his chin on Tae's shoulder and talking to him quietly.