Chapter Forty

Published: January 12, 2020
Word count: 2106

A few hours later, there's a knock on the door and SuHee gets up to open it, ruffling Jin's hair to keep him up as they watch the movie. Yoongi is leaning against the doorway looking dead. "Do I have to be here?" He grunts.
SuHee nods and covers a yawn. "We just need an extra person so no one can say anything happened and start a scandal."
"I don't want to." He sighs, sliding into the room and collapsing on the couch.
SuHee snickers and hands him a blanket from the bed. "Here. You don't have to stay awake. Just be here. I can keep an eye on him."
Suga takes it but drops it on his lap. "I can't do that. Hyung will fall asleep if I do."

She looks over and shakes Jin's shoulder. "Hey! Not yet. We have a six more hours!"
Jin grunts. "I've been awake so long already." He stands and starts pacing around the room, as he has many times that night.
Suga looks up at him. "Stop it."
"What?"
"Moving around so much. You're making me tired just looking at you."
Jin huffs. "The important thing is that *I* stay awake here."
SuHee looks between the two and stands up, grabbing her jacket and tossing Jin his. "Let's go for a walk."
Yoongi starts to get up. "Hold on, you scandalous people. Wait for the old man." He takes the blanket and wraps it around his shoulders before following them out of the room.
SuHee snickers and holds the door open for him. "Don't strain yourself, gramps."

There's just a grumble from him.
Jin grabs another cup of coffee on the way through the kitchen area and takes a long drink. "I've had more caffeine in the last 12 hours than I have in the last 12 days. My nutritionist isn't going to be happy with me."
"I'm sure he'll understand." She assures, noticing the balcony. "Oh! Let's go and people watch!"
Jin nods and flips the lock on the door, letting it slide open. "Ohh, feel that breeze!"
"Oh wow. It's beautiful today." She walks over to the balcony and looks down at the people walking by below.
"It really is." Yoongi agrees, leaning on one of the other railings.
"Aww. Oppa even agrees."

The sun streams down from almost directly above their heads, casting very few shadows.
"It feels extra bright since I haven't been outside all day." Jin squints against the white glare on the sidewalks.
She nods and looks over at him. "We should've done this earlier. It would've been easier than playing games and watching movies."
"Oh well." He looks over at her. "You... no offense but you look awful. When is Mina coming to replace you? You need your sleep."
She shakes her head. "I'm okay. She can get a couple more hours." She assures, leaning against the railing and watching a toddler follow his mom.
Jin frowns. "I don't want you getting sick."
She nods and pulls the blanket she brought closer. "I'm okay, Jin-Oppa. You're the one we should worry about."

Yoongi sighs. "The thing that bothers me is all the people..."
SuHee looks over at him. "What about the people?"
"There's just too many." He makes a face. "And they can see us, too."
SuHee frowns and nods. "I didn't think about that. We should go back inside in a minute." She turns to Jin and pats his shoulder. "We'll find something to do."
Jin rolls his eyes up and down, side to side, and blinks several times. "Augh... I'm so tired."
"I know, I'm sorry." She rubs his back sympathetically and watches him struggle to stay awake.
Suga nudges his only hyung. "Come on. Let's go walk around."

He nods and turns around to see Yoonhi watching them with a small smile. "You guys are so cute."
Yoongi avoids eye contact and quickly moves out of the way. Jin follows hesitantly.
SuHee gives the girl a weird look and follows the boys into the hallway. "That was a little creepy."
"I'm telling you, something is totally off about her..." Yoongi grumbles.
"She's a little odd..." SuHee agrees, grabbing Jin's phone as it falls out of his hoodie pocket. "Careful there, Jin."
He blinks at her in confusion before noticing the phone. "Oh.. gee.. sorry. How much longer?"
She looks at the timer on her phone and sighs. "Five more. We killed an hour."