Act 1 Scene 3

(Not my artwork, but I do love it!)

SMUT WARNING

...

Taehyung never thought he'd do this. He never thought he'd be breaking into the Capulet estate at three in the morning. He waited until most of the Montague's were asleep so he could sneak out without question of where he was going or who he was seeing. He cannot stop the burning concern and curiosity that consumes him. He needs to know why Jungkook is so upset when that night should've been one of pleasure and joy. He hurries through town, pulling his dark cloak closer to him to hide his obviously bright blond hair and white dress shirt that glitters with gems in the moonlight. He ought to have finished getting out of his formal clothes, but he didn't even have enough patience for that.

At the Capulet estate, he goes around to the eastern garden gate he spotted earlier and tries the handle. Surprisingly, it is unlocked, so Taehyung slips inside before closing the old wood door. He wanders to Jungkook's balcony, looking around to see if there is anything that would help hoist him up into it. Climbing ivy clings to the stone building, and Taehyung grins. That should be strong enough. With a few false starts, he manages to shimmy up the vines without too much noise and lands on the balcony. His smile brightens when he notices no one saw him, heard him, or is calling out in alarm. The night is still quiet.

As soon as Taehyung steps off the balcony and into Jungkook's room, he's shoved against the wall and pinned in place by a rough arm to his chest. He can barely breathe as a dark face towers over him, the muscular form poised to crush him beneath two very strong arms. Yet as soon as the sharp green eyes come into the moonlight, surprise and shock warps the look of furious determination and Jungkook lets go.

"Taehyung, what the hell are you doing here?" Jungkook questions as Taehyung takes the time to chase the air he was recently denied.

"Surprised to see me?" he nonchalantly retorts, not wanting to let on exactly how concerned he is for the brunette.

"You could've been caught. What the hell were you thinking?" Jungkook retorts, his deep voice laced with extreme worry.

"But I wasn't, was I?" Taehyung cheekily replies, a bright smile on his face when Jungkook drags him away from the open window. Again, he runs his fingers through his hair, a sign of frustration and stress that Taehyung is all too aware of, "Hey, Kookie, are you okay?"

"Just worried about you—"

"That's bullshit and you know it," Taehyung quietly hisses and Jungkook cocks a brow, "I saw your frustration earlier too...so what's wrong...?"

"The Capulets just seem to be on a matchmaking streak...that's all..." Jungkook warily says and Taehyung feels his heart clench in pain. No...he couldn't mean...

"They want to marry you off...?" Taehyung whispers and Jungkook nods stoically, hiding his emotions behind a cold mask that Taehyung hates.

Two can play that game... Taehyung thinks as he puts on a cocky, smug, smile.

"Good," he chimes, "Maybe you can settle down with a flower you like," Jungkook's jaw clenches tightly, the muscle ticking as he crosses his arms over his broad chest. The white nightshirt that Jungkook wears clings to the muscles beneath, and Taehyung tries desperately not to stare. Staring at his best friend's muscles is definitely not something he should be doing at a time like this.

"I didn't think I'd hear such a crude term come from you," Jungkook retorts yet Taehyung just shrugs.

"I do live with Mercutio. And besides, I've heard plenty of rumors about you and your flower-picking," Taehyung says, crossing his arms over his own thin chest. Jungkook cocks a brow, a slow smirk sliding over his lips.