Act 2 Scene 3

Hey everyone! Quick note: pansy is another term used for a gay man you want to fuck. It follows that whole "plucking-the-flower" thing that they've got going on. Okay? Enjoy the chapter!

SLIGHT SMUT WARNING!

...

Romeo stands next to Taehyung in a ball of nerves and excitement, pacing back and forth as the old, calm, Friar Laurence watches with omniscient eyes. The sound of his footsteps echo around the ancient cathedral; each staccato step rings out like the beating of a war drum. Taehyung cannot bring himself to smile. His heart is lodged in his throat; any moment he feels like it is going to go flying out of him as anxiety consumes him. The weight of his world is sitting on his shoulders right now. He is the witness to a wedding that can destroy all that he has come to know and love.

This shouldn't happen. This will ruin everything. I need to talk to Jungkook. I must talk to Jungkook. Why can't he be here now?! Taehyung thinks as his fingers ring together in front of him.

"Calm yourself, Romeo. You are blessed with great fortune on this fine day," Friar Laurence says.

Lies. Taehyung thinks, his breaths coming out quick and shallow. His long fingers turn white as he squeezes them tighter and tighter, trying to hide his panic and anxiety behind a mask of numb.

"I know, Friar, I just am far too excited for Juliet. She is perfection in a woman. Her light, her smile, her—"

"She is here," Taehyung murmurs, wanting to stop Romeo from his usually long-winded tangents about this girl. The young girl stands next to Romeo, a bright love-struck smile on her face as she bows her head to Friar Laurence.

"Thank you, Friar, for doing the honors of marrying us today," she meekly says.

"It is Romeo who will be thanking you, I am sure, Lady Juliet,"

"Our love knows no bounds. It is all we need to get us through in the future," Juliet chimes, her smile growing brighter as Romeo takes her hand.

"Come. Let us marry you two. Taehyung here is to act as a witness to this holy matrimony," the friar says as he leads the three of them into the church. Cold words echo on colder stone and soon the vows are said, yet Taehyung blanks most of it out. He can't understand how Romeo can be so selfish. To marry a girl he just met when she was promised to someone else. When he was pining for someone else not even two nights ago. It has only been a day. One bloody day! Taehyung has known Jungkook for over a decade! He's allowed to be in a secret relationship with that man. He actually loves him. Taehyung fears that Romeo's feelings do not run as deep as Juliet's...and then what will all of this be worth? Juliet looks at Romeo with hearts in her eyes and a sweet smile on her lips. She is too young to know what all of this will bring. Too young to understand how the Capulet family will freak out as soon as they know Romeo has made way with Juliet's heart and body. Taehyung fears that the feud amongst the families is far from over...yet Romeo doesn't care about any of that. Taehyung can see it in his eyes; he sees it in the way Romeo's hand possessively clings to Juliet's as they finish their vows. All Romeo cares about is Juliet. His family—his friends—none of that matters anymore.

The ceremony ends with a kiss amongst the love-struck couple, and Friar Laurence shares some celebratory prayers. May they be blessed with love and happiness. With a child and easy childbirth. With the wealth they desire. None of these prayers matter. They are just for a show of good faith. As soon as it is over, Taehyung rushes out of the cathedral, running through the streets looking for a particular brunette boy. The late afternoon sun burns down heavily upon the city, its strong rays causing Taehyung to sweat with anxiety. Finally, he spots Jungkook with two Capulet servants in the marketplace, his sweet laugh flying through the breeze to tease Taehyung's ears. He takes a deep breath, realizing that he may or may not cause a fight by approaching...but if he approaches as if it is an accident...