Act 2 Scene 2

*And I'm back! I'm posting as fast as I'm editing, so hopefully I will have this story finished within the next few days! I hope you enjoy!*

...

The morning sun is high by the time Taehyung appears on the shore of the lake. He looks around, hoping that Jungkook is already here. But alas, he is not, and Taehyung sits on the shores, ready to patiently wait for the dark-haired boy. If he even shows...it really does depend on how Jungkook feels about Taehyung. A flush touches his cheeks as he thinks about last night. About the way Jungkook held him, made love to him, and cared for him afterwards. Those women weren't wrong. Jungkook is a rough lover, but his gentle, caring, demeanor after they had sex makes all the difference. Taehyung can no longer deny the feeling in his heart. He loves Jungkook. He will always love Jungkook. Even if the boy doesn't feel the same about Taehyung. The blond-haired boy looks out at the lake, the afternoon sun reflecting off the shimmering surface like a beacon. He plans to stay as long as it takes. If Jungkook doesn't show by nightfall, then he will have received his answer. Instead of watching the sun move across the sky, Taehyung lies back on the shore, closing his tired eyes and falling into a light sleep. Or attempting to...

"Falling asleep on me now, love?" a cheerful voice chirps and Taehyung's eyes fly open. He sits up quickly only to see Jungkook sitting next to him. Hundreds of emotions race through his body, and Taehyung swallows back his tears.

"You...you came..."

"Was I not supposed to?" Jungkook teases.

"No! I'm—I'm really happy you came," Taehyung stammers, his tears choking him as he can't stop himself from crying. He feared that Jungkook wasn't going to show. That he was just another flower plucked by the dark-haired Capulet, and yet he came...he cares... Jungkook sighs, lifting Taehyung off the sandy shore and placing him in between his legs with his arms around the blond boy's waist. Taehyung feels safe cocooned in Jungkook's bent legs and muscular arms; his back rests against Jungkook's chest as he tries to calm his tears.

"Why are you crying, Taehyung?" Jungkook gently murmurs, his deep voice soothing the emotional boy.

"Shut up. I don't fucking know..." Taehyung mumbles, wiping his eyes as he sniffles, "I'm tired...and it's been a long morning...and I thought you weren't going to show up...I thought...you didn't care..."

"Of course I care about you, Taehyung. You have to know that..." Jungkook says and Taehyung smiles sadly, wiping at his eyes as his tears finally cease.

"I knew you cared as my friend, but—" Jungkook cuts Taehyung off with a kiss, his lips desperately expressing emotions that Taehyung misunderstood for most of their childhood. Taehyung's eyes flutter closed as he melts into the kiss, his hand resting on Jungkook's cheek as the brunette nips at Taehyung's bottom lip once he separates to breathe.

"Taehyung. I have loved and desired you since I was fifteen years old and knew what love was. I kept my feelings to myself since I was scared to hurt you or lose you..." Jungkook exclaims, his words causing Taehyung's heart to tremble.

"But that was—"

"Eight years ago, yes. You were so innocent I couldn't push myself upon you..." Jungkook says with a sad smile.

"So those women...?" Jungkook sighs at Taehyung's small question, not really knowing how to answer.

"Do you remember the summer we spent together when we were eighteen? We managed to escape Verona—just the two of us—for a week?" Jungkook starts and Taehyung nods slowly, "Do you know how many times you undressed in front of me, bathed around me, or swam naked around me...?" Taehyung blushes brightly, his eyes widening with horror.