Chapter4

"Natalie, what is it with you ? It's been a week and you haven't really eaten anything." Eddie's concerned voice fills my ear but I did not bother to reply. I am still lying on my couch with a blanket covering my body till my face. It's been a week that I am not feeling like myself. Last 7 days were not good at all. I could not eat properly, sleep properly and could not even shop properly.

Eddie and I took a day off from college today. I dint feel like attending, so Eddie stayed back too.

"Fuck off Eddie. I am in no mood to talk " I snarl .

Just then my phone rang. It must be my mother. Oh no. I don't feel like talking to her as well. I know it's been days that I haven't called her but she must understand that I am an adult now. I don't need any of her babysitting.

"Your phone. It's ringing Evans" I hear Eddie shouting.

"Must be my mother. Let it ring. I don't wanna talk to her either" I say growling beneath the blanket.

"No it's an unknown number. May be a call from someone you are expecting" Eddie teases.

Immediately I got up and grabbed the phone from the table ,hoping it to be Henry. I mean my professor. But why will he call ?

Anyway, hastily I slide the green button to answer the call.

"Hello" I say crossing my fingers. Please god let it be Cavill. Please let it be him.

"Hello. Am I talking to Ms. Natalie Evans ?" A very sweet female voice came from the speaker.

Disappointment hit like a hard rock on my face. Shit! Obviously why will he call?

"Yes. Who am I talking to?" I ask her.

"Miss Evans. I am Mrs. Katherine calling from Y&V Inc. I am basically the head of the HR department and I'm happy to tell you that on the basis of your interview we would want you to join our company and work with us. For a few months we would want you to join us as an intern, so that we could teach you how the system works and then on the basis of your performance we'll decide on your permanent job." I hear her saying.

Is it true? Am I really selected ? Even if it's an internship in the beginning but really? I always wanted this job. Well, it's obviously a reputed company. Lots of fresher dream of joining Y&V.

"Hello? Are you there Ms. Evans? I hear her again.

"Oh yes. I am sorry. I was just lost in my thoughts" I reply her feeling a little stupid for making her wait.

"Aah! No problem . So are you ready to join us? What's your answer?" She said in a very business like tone.

"Yes yes ! I'd love to work with you and the company mam. It'll be a pleasure" I said enthusiastically.

"Great. We'll expect you to join on the first of November. The coming week that is. I'll explain you the rest when you'll join. Alright Miss Evans ?" Her voice feels like a healing medicine for the burnt area coming from the speaker of my phone.

"Yes. Yes. All clear mam. Thank you so much for selecting me" I said enthusiastically.

"I am looking forward to our meeting Ms. Evans" she said.

"Me too" I reply back.

With that I hung the call and phew! Wow I have got a job now. Alright! Alright! I am intern as of now but dude! It's Y&V. Thank you so much God. I totally forgot about the the job because of so much going around in my head.

"Who was it?" Eddie's voice brought me back to the reality.

I lifted my eyes to meet hers. But she could not be seen. Wierd! Where is she?