24• THE PATH OF NIGHT

It's been a few days since Sabrina told Harvey we're witches, and as expected he didn't take it well.

Worst of all, he refused to let Sabrina near Tommy, so he killed him alone.

"Miss Spellman, you're certainly looking better than your sister, I guess Miss Putnam took your news of being a witch well then?" Ms Wardwell forces a smile as she stops me in the hallway.

I give her an awkward smile, "actually, I haven't had the chance to tell Susie yet" I admit.

She perks up, "oh? Well, it only seems fair for you to take the same risk as Sabrina, you can't hide it forever you know" she points out.

I look past her as Susie stares down at a textbook at the end of the corridor.

A blur of blonde catches my eye as Sabrina dives behind a row of lockers nearby, hiding from Harvey.

A guilty feeling washes over me, Ms Wardwell is right, I have to talk to Susie soon.

I turn back to her, "I'll try" I breathe out.

She smiles sympathetically, "good choice" she walks away as i look back over at Susie.

Sabrina looks around nervously for a place to hide as Harvey approaches the hallway.

I sigh as i rush over to her, "come on, in here" i take her arm, pulling us into the toilets.

We tense as Susie and Roz look at us shocked.

Roz clears her throat, "Sabrina".

"Ivy" Susie stammers.

Sabrina glances at me before walking over to the sinks to wash her hands, "hey guys, what's up?".

Susie shuffles anxiously, avoiding my gaze.

"What's going on with you guys?" Roz reverses the question.

"Yeah, you look a little freaked out, Sabrina" Susie leans against the sinks.

Sabrina gives me a worried look and Roz sighs, "I call you all weekend" she looks between us.

"Yeah" Susie nods and i look at her.

"Really? Because you're the one that's been avoiding me for days" I slump my shoulders and she gives me a guilty look.

Sabrina clears her throat, "I wasn't feeling that great, Ivy was helping take care of me" she covers.

Roz crosses her arms, stepping closer to Susie and i look between then curiously, there's something not right.

Roz takes a deep breath, "Guys, we want--we need to ask you something--"

"Are you witches?" Susie blurts out and i freeze, my whole body turning numb.

Sabrina chuckles nervously, "What? You guys, if this is some kind of joke--"

"It's not a joke" Roz stops her and Sabrina's smile drops.