Chapter 3: Checking In

Jamie panted hard as she noticed her burns started to slowly heal. She then looked to see all the monsters, staring at her.

"Uh...hi," she waved awkwardly.

Then they went about their business, making Jamie let out her breath, not knowing she was holding it. She gathered her things and went up to the front desk.

"Hi. Checking in?" Mavis greeted.

"Yes. Thank you," Jamie said.

"Sure thing," Mavis told her.

As she started getting the room together, that's when Frank, Griffin, Wayne, and Murray came up behind Jamie. That's when they recognized her.

"Jamie?" Frank said.

She immediately turned around and got excited to see them.

"No way! Hey guys!" she exclaimed happily and hugged them all.

"What are you doing here?" Griffin asked.

"Well, I made a reservation for this place since it's been a long while since I've been to Transylvania," Jamie answered.

"Wait till Drac sees you!" Murray said.

Jamie's eyes widened and a blush rose to her face.

"Drac's here?" she replied.

"Yeah! He is going to be thrilled when he sees you," Wayne said.

"Wait. You said your name is Jamie and you know Dracula?" Mavis asked.

"That's right," Jamie nodded.

"He's my father. He's told me a lot about you," Mavis smiled.

"Oh my gosh! I remember him telling me about him having a daughter, but it's great to finally meet you," Jamie said.

"You as well," Mavis told her.

"Well, you girls have fun. We'll see you later," Frank told them then added, "Nice haircut."

The others agreed with him.

"Thanks," Jamie smiled.

They waved as the others walked off.

"So here's your room. It's right next door to my dad's. Maybe you can cheer him up. He's been a little down since his fiancé died," Mavis told her.

That's when Jamie looked at her, confused.

"'Fiancé'?" she questioned.

"Yeah. Mom died in 1895 because of angry humans and a few months ago, he was engaged to a woman named Ericka. But she was killed by a huge bat named Bela a couple of months ago and Dad hasn't recovered," Mavis explained sadly.

Jamie was a little taken back by this. Why didn't Drac tell her about Martha?

"He never told me that Martha died," Jamie said.

"You knew her?" Mavis wondered.

"Yes," Jamie nodded.

"Well, maybe he will tell you more eventually," Mavis assured.

"Yeah. Maybe. Thanks, Mavis," Jamie smiled.

"You're welcome," Mavis nodded, giving the room key to her.

Zombies got her bags and helped her to her room. Once she settled in, she could scarcely hear crying from the other side of Drac's door. Jamie sighed, hoping she could help him. She went into her room, changed, then slept until nightfall.

(A/N Jamie's pajamas.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Hope things work out.