Chapter 11: Step Five: Flying in the Night

The next night, Jamie decided to go out to fly, that way those bats won't attack her again. She went out on the roof then free fell. Once she was close enough, she turned into a bat and flew toward the sky.

(A/N Jamie as a bat (add eyelashes and anything orange is pink).)

Once she did, Drac went out on the roof for some fresh air when Mavis came out and stood beside him

"You doing okay, Dad?" she wondered.

"Yes. I am fine, honey bat. I just needed to step out for a bit. Running the hotel can be stressful," he told her.

"Well, why don't you go fly around? Clear your head," Mavis suggested.

"I guess it wouldn't hurt. I'll be back soon, Mavey," Drac agreed then kissed her forehead.

He free fell from the roof and turned into a bat, going the say way Jamie did. At that, Mavis gave a thumbs up to the others, who were down below.

Dracula flew through the sky when another bat started flying beside him. That's when they noticed each other.

"If we keep meeting like this, I'm going to suspect the others keep setting us up," Jamie smirked.

"Way ahead of you on that one," Drac smirked back, making her giggle.

"I believe it. So you know any good flying spots?" she asked.

"Yes. Follow me," he told her.

They flew through the clouds, just laughing and enjoying each other's company. It had been a while since Jamie felt this free, especially when she's flying with the one she zinged with. That's when Drac free fell toward the water, caught himself, glided over the water, and made the water come up around him as he went back up.

"Show off!" Jamie smirked.

"Like you can do better!" Drac challenged playfully.

At that, she went to the water, circled a rock, making the water follow her, she started rising as she continued, then flew in the middle and opened her wings up, making the water splash everywhere, including on Drac.

"That better enough for you?" Jamie teased.

"You're gonna get it now," Drac told her with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

At that, he chased her around for a while.

Not long after, they decided to take a breather. So they landed under a huge tree and changed back into their original forms.

"So, did Mavis suggest for you to go out for a flight?" Drac wondered.

"Actually no. I was already out and flying when I found you," Jamie said.

"Oh. Well, Mavis did that for me. So, I was suspecting that she was trying to get us alone together like Dennisovich and the others did," he told her.

"'Dennisovich'?" she wondered.

"That's what I call Dennis sometimes. Basically his vampire name," Drac said.

"Ah. It's cute either way. Dennis is a sweet kid. Like his family," Jamie told him as she jumped up, grabbed a branch, pulled herself up, swung her legs over it, and landed on it.

"Thank you. Even though Johnny's mother has her moments, Johnny's family is alright," he replied, just walking up the tree as she stood on her branch.

"I'm glad you like humans now. I never saw them as a threat unless they gave me a specific reason to think that," she told him, climbing to the next branch then sat on it.

"I should have done that from the beginning," Drac admitted, sat beside her, then explained, "Ever since Martha died, I labeled all humans as bad until Johnny came and he and Mavis zinged."

"Then you got in the way, but you realized you were wrong, brought him back, blah, blah, blah," Jamie guessed.

"Yes to all the above. Except I don't say 'Blah, blah, blah'," he stated.

She giggled at that, looked at the sky, then commented, "It sure is a beautiful night."

Drac looked at her with a smile and responded as he gently placed his hand on hers, "Yes it is."

This made her look at him. He then moved some lose strands of hair behind her ear and caressed her cheek. She then noticed him leaning in, making her do the same. Their lips touched and it was a sweet, gentle kiss. But Drac still felt that if he let the zing fully take effect, it could put Jamie in danger. So he cut the kiss short, confusing Jamie.

"I am sorry; I shouldn't have done that," he said, looking away from her, jumped off the branch, then left her, flying away as a bat.

Jamie watched as he flew away then she leapt off the branch and landed on the ground. She looked back toward Drac sadly.

"Oh Drac. Why are you holding back?" she wondered.

(A/N That rhymed. 😜)

She decided to go for a walk before flying back to the hotel.

From the shadows, a huge bat smirked dangerously at the girl.

"So...Dracula has fallen for another human. Another victory for me when I drain the blood from her entire body," he smirked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N The bat thinks Jamie is a human. Oh snap!