Chapter 21: The Day Of

It was around four months since the battle with Bela and since Drac's and Jamie's engagement. Once he was out of the hospital, they officially told the other monsters, who were of course very excited for them. During those four months, they prepared for their wedding and had romantic dates that were not planned by Mavis, Johnny, Dennis, or the others. Whenever they could, they made sure they had time to themselves.

It was finally the day of the wedding. Drac was preparing to go to bed when he heard a knock on the door. He opened the door and was greeted by Jamie in her pajamas.

"Hey, Hun," she said.

"Hello, Sweet Fangs. What are you doing here?" he smiled, letting her in then closing the door behind them.

"I've got wedding jitters and I wanted to talk to you," Jamie told him.

"What's making you have wedding jitters?" Drac wondered, taking her hands in his.

"I don't know. I guess I'm still trying to process the fact that I'm engaged to the guy I zinged with long ago and I thought it would be hopeless for me to think it could actually happen," she explained.

He then placed her arms gently around his neck while he wrapped his around her waist as he admitted, "I wish I could tell you that I know how you feel."

"It's fine. And I'm not saying that I wasn't happy for you and Martha because I was. And she gave you Mavis, which I love. And for Ericka, I don't know what she was like, but after hearing what you did with her on that cruise, I could see how much of an impact she made on your life. Everything led to this moment and I'm happy with that," Jamie said.

Drac smiled as he rested his forehead on hers then told her, "I feel the same way. I thought that after I zinged the first time, it would be the only time. But when I met Ericka, I was proved wrong. But when she was killed, I thought fate was telling me that I wasn't supposed to have another zing. Then when we reunited after so long and I zinged with you, I was afraid of losing you. But I see now that I don't have to be afraid anymore. But I will still protect you no matter what."

"Same with you," she smiled back.

He then kissed her; it started out sweet and gentle, but then escalated to fiery and passionate. It didn't go beyond making out, but certain monsters could hear what was going on when they passed by Drac's door.

"Save it for the honeymoon, you two!" Frank laughed while the others joined in, making the two vampires part and blush.

They could not believe that their make-out session was heard, but their states of embarrassment soon went away once they looked into each others' eyes. They couldn't help but laugh at what just happened.

"We are never going to get a peace of mind with them around, are we?" Jamie asked, chuckling.

"We've been friends with them forever; you should know the answer to that question by now," Drac pointed out.

"Yeah, that's true," she nodded in agreement then asked, "Mind if I do one thing before I go to bed?"

"I do not mind. What is it?" he wondered.

She then smirked, making him a little nervous. She moved her hands to his chest and slowly started to unbutton his pajama shirt. He didn't know exactly why she was doing this when their make-out session was interrupted just a minute ago. Once his shirt was fully unbuttoned, she got him to take it off and tossed it aside.

"Could you--?" Jamie requested toward his white tank top.

Getting the picture, he slowly took the tank top off, revealing his bare chest. Her hands returned to his chest, just loving how it felt to do so. Drac placed his hands on her waist, pulling her close and loving the fact that she was that close to him.

"Not that I'm not enjoying this, but can I ask why you wanted me to do this?" Drac asked.

She giggled and told him with a smirk, "I just want you to know that after we're married and if you are okay with it, this is the most clothed I want you to be when we go to bed."

He immediately smirked back and said, "I do not mind one bit if we do that. But you must do the same thing."

The smirk never left her face as she removed her shirt to reveal her white sports bra.

"This the most dressed you want me to be in bed?" Jamie asked.

"Oh yes. It is," Drac replied sexily then wrapped his arms around her as she followed suit.

They kissed for a brief moment then parted with their foreheads against each other again.

"I love you, Count Dracula," she whispered.

"I love you too, Jamie, vampire who supplants," he whispered back.

And with that, Jamie went back to her room and Drac went to his coffin. They couldn't wait for that night when they would become husband and wife.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Ooh. Things are getting hot and steamy before the wedding even starts. I love it!