Chapter 12: Dancing Solo

The next night, Jamie noticed that Dracula was keeping his distance from her. She sighed and went to the ballroom. She saw a witch's broom in the corner.

"Feel like sweeping?" she asked it.

It came to life and immediately started sweeping, making her giggle a little. She then used her powers to get a mop and water-filled bucket out. She mopped the floor with her powers while still lost in her own thoughts. She started dancing a little in place until it escalated to where she went full out to the song she had stuck in her head.

"Whoa," Frank said.

Jamie jumped at the sound of his voice, making the mop and bucket stop. The witch's broom wasn't affected by it. She turned back to see Frank, Wayne, Johnny, and Mavis.

"Way to go, Frank. She was in the zone," Wayne told him.

"Sorry," Frank apologized.

"No it's fine. I was just...lost in thought. I decided to make myself useful with chores then I just felt myself dancing," Jamie said.

"Care to put those moves to music?" Johnny asked.

"I can get a piano in here," Mavis added.

Jamie didn't see any harm in doing that.

"I guess I can show you what I got. But let me finish up in here and I'll do it," she said.

They agreed and Mavis left for a minute. Jamie finished up then Mavis brought in a piano with her powers. She sat it down in the far corner and Wayne sat down on the bench.

"Any requests?" he asked.

"Do you know 'Tightrope' from The Greatest Showman?" she wondered.

"I do indeed," Wayne answered.

She nodded then he started playing, making her dance immediately. She also sang; every word she sang was for Dracula alone.

(A/N Jamie will do whatever the girl in all black does.)

At the end, they applauded, making her blush as she got up.

"That was amazing, Jamie!" Mavis exclaimed.

"Thanks," Jamie said shyly.

She got a few more responses that were positive then they left except for Mavis and Jamie.

"So do you mind if I ask you what you and my dad did last night to where he's not around you?" Mavis wondered.

Jamie looked at her and told her, "Well, it started off good with flying and talking, then he kissed me until he cut it short, saying that he shouldn't have done that then flew off."

"Wait! He kissed you?!" Mavis exclaimed excitedly.

"Yeah. But after saying he shouldn't have done that, it's hard to feel good about it," Jamie told her.

"Oh. Well, when you can, you need to talk to him," Mavis suggested then walked out of the room.

"I will. But first, I think I'll talk to someone who knows him better than anyone else," Jamie said to herself.

She then turned into a bat and flew off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Who is Jamie going to see?