Chapter 13: A Father Figure

Jamie continued flying until she came to a cave with a mailbox in front of it. She turned back to herself and walked in.

"Knock knock. Anybody home?" she called.

"Well, well, well. If it isn't my future daughter-in-law," a voice smirked.

Jamie looked toward the voice with a sly smile as Vlad came out of the shadows from above. He landed in front of her, not losing the smirk.

"Vlad, you still do that joke even after over 120 years of no contact?" Jamie wondered with a chuckle.

"Yeah. I knew that you zinged with my son. But when he and Martha got together and you decided to let them be together, I did the same. But I still consider you a daughter," Vlad said.

"I appreciate it. But after what happened last night, it feels like it's all a fantasy," she told him sadly.

"What do you mean?" he asked.

Jamie sighed then explained, "Well, a few weeks ago, I came back to Transylvania to find out that Drac owned a hotel. I went there, reunited with our friends, met his daughter, son-in-law, and grandson, and reunited with him. And that's when I found out about Martha and Ericka. And since then, the others have tried to set us up on dates. One we actually met up without them involved. But last night, Mavis got Drac to fly with me then we stopped for a while. We talked then...he kissed me. But for some reason, he stopped it, said he shouldn't have done that, then flew off. Now he's avoiding me and I don't know what to do."

Vlad nodded as he listened then said, "Well, I'm sorry you're going through this. I was rooting for you two until you decided to let him be happy with Martha, which I did too. But after everything, you've been there for him when life got rough."

"Not entirely. You know why we lost touch long ago," she pointed out.

"I know. But this is the 21st century. We may be used to old school things, but you've obviously gotten with the times already. Just tell him how you feel and maybe he'll tell you why he's holding back," he replied.

"That sounds easier said than done. Drac and I have been friends forever, but while I want more, he'll probably just friend zone me. Like always," Jamie said.

"You never know unless you try," Vlad stated then remarked, "You should be giving me this pep talk."

She giggled a little then said, "I know; it's weird. But I wanted to talk to you since you know him better than anyone."

"Well, to some extent. But just get on with it. I want to cheer you two on again," he remarked.

Jamie laughed at that then said, "Thanks, Vlad. You know, I have seen you as a father figure. And I can tell that you raised such an amazing son."

"Thank you, Sweetheart. I hope things work out for you two," Vlad told her with a kind smile.

"Hope things go well for you too," she returned it.

They said their goodbyes and she started to walk out of the cave when she heard something outside. She went out suspiciously and looked around only to find nothing. But once she let her guard down, she was ambushed by a giant bat. He pinned her to the ground while she struggled against his grip.

"You have got to be kidding me! Why won't you guys just leave me alone?!" Jamie yelled in frustration.

"Because it's not fun to leave you alone. You're coming with us," Bela smirked.

"How about...NEVER GONNA HAPPEN!!!" she yelled then kicked Bela down where the sun didn't shine.

He let her go, holding his crotch in pain. This gave Jamie the opportunity to run away with Bela and his friends following close behind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Really crazy, you guys!!!