A Little Chat

"Andrew is there something you need to talk about?" Shane asked in a parental tone. Andrew didn't know how to respond. He knew exactly what he was talking about.

"It's okay." Shane added while looking to make sure there was no one around to hear this conversation. Andrew couldn't help but feel comforted by Shane, as Shane often gave off that vibe. Andrew stammered.

"Uh...I don't really know." Andrew said blankly.

"The hand holding, the laughing, the blushing, I mean, it was always around it just seems that now it's way more often."

"...yeah." Andrew muttered out quietly, now only realizing how obvious this all had been and if he's feeling what Shane is suggesting. Andrew starred off blankly to try and figure it out.

The moment you saw him you felt butterflies. That's not normal. Every time he hugs you and apologizes afterwards you get all mushy. Whenever he smiles, no matter how horrible you were feeling, you do too.

Andrew thought to himself. It all seemed to be overwhelming.

"I-" He trailed off as Shane patiently encouraged his friend. He summed up the courage.

"I might like Garrett." Andrew whispered. His head slumped and turned away from his friend, clearly thinking about what he just unleashed. Shane looked at him a pondered a little. Andrew got red knowing he just told Shane something about himself he barely even knew.

"Awwww Andrew that's really sweet. I know this is probably really difficult and strange for you, trust me I know. But I think that you and Garrett would be the sweetest. He would love you no matter what, trust me he tells me all the time." Andrew smiled and nervously laughed at that sentiment. Shane pats him on the back not before he actually goes to use the restroom. Andrew definitely didn't have to go after he got all that off his chest. He opted to look in the mirror instead. Thoughts of worry crossed his mind

Are you sure about this? What if you don't really know yet? What if Garrett doesn't like you?

After the last question he knew he was getting irrational and decided to stop the internal debate with a long deep breath. Shane came out of the toilet and stood next to Andrew who was leaning over one of the sinks. Shane pat his back again and said:

"You'll be okay. It all gets better."

Shane washed his hands and left the bathroom. Andrew looked at himself in the mirror again and hyped himself up to try and at least act normal once he gets out there.