prologue: trust me

🦗

"Why are we here Normani? You choose this same place to take your photos in. You do everything here. Is it because Ariana works-" I cut him off with the quickest excuse I could think of.

"Blair it's not crowded, the scenery is lovely and its right next to my company's building." I watched him mouth every word I said. Dick. He roll his eyes and shrug.

"Won't be for long." I clench my fist, getting ready to count to ten. One. Two.

"I mean I didn't think Ariana would consider selling this place, it's like her prize possession." Ten.

"ANYWAY, just snap some pictures of me yeah?" Blair laughs, knowing I'm annoyed. I hate this asshole. He lifts up his camera and points it in my direction. I swiftly yet gracefully pose with my head slightly tilted and my chest out. After that warm up, I start a series of other poses, often my favorite kind. I don't know why I do this, I'm gonna share like three on instagram and keep the others on my laptop.

This goes on for ten more minutes until we're rudely interrupted with a grunt.

"You're stunning Normani, we get it, but can you like move? I'm trying to move these books to my truck." I grit my teeth, but take a deep breath. I step out of her way. Why is she like this, she has tons of room to go around. Such an ass I can't deal.

Now she has me thinking of her again. Fuck this irritating ass woman. I huff to myself with my arms folded. "Are you done with your tantrum yet? I have another client to attend to." I wave him off before giving him a hug.

"Talk to you later Blair. MmMUAH." I give him an aunty kiss on the cheek and laugh at his look of disgust. "Bye Normani, stop doing that shit!" I continue to giggle teasing him. I look around the almost empty library and sigh. I take a seat in one of the chairs.

"You love giving kisses on the cheeks huh?" I roll my eyes, knowing what was coming.

"Ariana I am not trying to hear that mess. Go dust some books or something." I hear her usual airy laugh, but it's a sarcastic one.

"Normani. Stop, you do this shit on purpose I swear. Why come HERE for your dumbass photoshoots. New York is full of beautiful places go to those." I ignore her and stare out the window. It started to rain despite what the weather girl told us. I watch the rain drops slide down the window and sigh.

"Or is it, you want my attention." I slam my hand down and I jumped. She whispered that in my ear. I laugh her off and looked away hiding my burning face.

"You're as funny as ever Ariana Grande, I'll give you that." I start tapping the table with my nude acrylics. I hum a catchy tune still ignoring Ariana.

"You can't possibly be mad at me still. I did-"

"It's not fair Ariana and you know it. This is where we met for fucks sake. We've cried here, laughed here, spent our nights here, played around here and you're just giving that up for a couple thousand bucks. It's bullshit. Why can't I buy it again?" I looked her directly in the eyes. She looked away. Okay girl.

"You know it's not that simple. I don't want to take your money Normani." I roll my eyes. The same shit every time.

"This is why we can't be together. You refuse to make shit work. How the fuck did you plan on marrying me when you can't even put your trust in me. Fuck that." I stood up and all but sprinted out the door into the rain. I'm tired of crying about the same shit. I hugged my body as I walked to my building's entrance.

"I need to find a way to that buyer. Sorry Ari but things are going my way this time."

Who's in the wrong?