one: you are mine.

"Ariana are you listening?" I most certainly was not. I have a lot of things on my mind, and they all link to Normani. My [cringe] ex.

"No." I deadpan sipping more of my coffee. Normani's assistant made a better cup. I sigh.

"Is it Normani again? Ugh Ari if you'd stop being so damn stubborn and let her help you. Hell you didn't even have to sell your spot. I know the government could move you anywhere but why are you letting that demon buy your lot? It doesn't add up." Here she go, ranting about the situation again. Sometimes I feel like she loves Normani more than me.

"Mom. Since you insist on poking your nose into my relationship. I'm doing this so I can buy Normani the perfect ring. When she sees how beautiful it is, she'd have no choice but to fall and fawn over me again." I said proudly. There was a bit of silence until I heard the familiar sound of my mom cackling ringing through my ears.

"That is so sweet don't get me wrong but... it's so dumb. Wanna know why? Normani doesn't care for materialistic shit babe, she can buy what she wants whenever she want to. You could've gotten her a ring pop and she'd still fall in line. Normani loves you girlie. Now you think long and hard about that, I need to tend to your nonna." Click. I blinked. My mom had a point. She made several points actually. Not enough to convince me. I wanna see the ring on my wife's finger and be proud, then brag about it to my children.

"Ah I need to go grocery shopping now, can't survive on Starbucks all my life. Though, I miss Normani's cooking. Ah well no point in sulking now, I need to eat.

I grab my purse and my hat making my way to the door. I turn the Library's lights off before walking out and locking the doors. "Ah shit." It's a small drizzle but those usually turn into all out storms. I need to start checking the weather more.

The street is loud but I can still hear the clicking of my boots hitting the pavement. It calms me down from the anxiety of being in this sea of people. I hit the unlock button to my KIA SOUL and smile hearing the beep. Almost out. I all but ran to my car. Once inside I let out a deep breath. I look into my rear view mirror and stare into my own brown colored pools.

"You're okay. I'm okay, okay?" I rub my eye and smack my face before smiling at my reflection. "Okay." I start my car up and head to the closest grocery store.

🚗 ~

I park close to the entrance because I'm lazy, no one better leave their cart by my car this time. I check my wallet. "Should I use cash or credit... Cash. Actually no I probably don't have enough on me, so credit it is. Well maybe I can pay some in cash and the rest credit? Yeah I'll do that. Why am I talking to myself? I need friends." That I do. All the friends I had either moved, became addicts or died. Hm.

I sigh getting out the car, I made sure to lock it while speed walking to the entrance. Ah this rain is cold. I feel like something is going to happen. I cant tell if it's bad or good. Eh.

I grab a cart and head towards the produce.

🛒 ~

"Okay! That about does it. Now all that's left is snacks. I'd love a good treat now and then." I pull out my list and see which of the snacks i'm getting this time around.

⚪️ chocolate
⚪️ gummies
⚪️ chips
⚪️ cookies
⚪️ ice cream

With the recent ice cream scandal going around? Yuck. Gummies are a hassle that I'm not in the mood for.

⚪️ chocolate
❌ gummies
⚪️ chips
⚪️ cookies
❌ ice cream

Guess I'll get chocolate chip cookies. I'm a food genius. Here I come cookie isle. As I'm strolling I take in the environment, no one is here due to it being dark outside and raining. The soft music playing in the background puts me at ease. I want more days like this, but with Normani.

"No Mark I need those papers done by Monday or we'll go to the meeting with no work to show. Please get it done or it'll be our necks. Thank you bye bye." My eyes widen. Speak of the devil and she shall appear. She's right in front of me. In some leggings and a loose tank top with her hair in a messy bun. Her face is bare and she's never looked more beautiful.

"Wooah." I found myself saying that lowly to myself. Look at my future wife. I cant wait to have her in my arms again. I walk up to her and "accidentally" bum my cart into hers.

"Shit sorry I wasn't look- Normani?" I act surprised.

"Ariana." Ouch. She just went back to looking at the snacks. She's so hot.

"So uh... How you-"

"I'm going to stop you right there. Don't talk to me." I raised my eyebrow. I let out a laugh.

"Don't be like that Mani, I'm trying to be cordial even though I want to be anything but." It was her turn to raise an eyebrow. Her body turns fully so she's facing me.

"And how else do you want to be with me? I'm curious." I smile. Hook line and sinker. I slowly walk up to her and I can see her taking steps back. I back her up into the snacks behind her.

"I think you know how I want to be with you, Normani Hamilton. I know you do."

~ Normani ~

Shit. Shit. Shit. I need to get my whoremones in control. She could always see right through me. I smile nervously. "Give me a little space Ari, you know how claustrophobic I am." I giggled my nerves off.

"Funny, you told me the same thing when we met for the first time." I did and I didn't want her to back up. "And you did not want me to give you space then. I doubt you want me to now. Look at your expression."

I roll my eyes. Ariana and her fucking high horse. I'm tired of this girl. I grab her shoulders and shoved her back some, giving me enough space to grab my buggy. I start walking in the opposite direction.

"I know you miss sitting on my face, Normani!" I laughed. Hard.

"Bye Ariana." Truth of the matter is, she was right, but I won't tell her that. I like to see her squirm. Let's see how far I can prolong this game of cat and mouse. By the end she'll reconsider giving up her building.

I miss her. So much but the way she does shit is not how people should handle it. I'm not gonna sit around and let her do the dumbest things. She'll learn that ASAP.

~ Ariana ~

I know she wants me. She's gonna be mine again. What am I saying? She is mine.

"You are mine."