Chapter 1: After Pain comes Suffering

[Brackets like this is me the author talking, they will usually being only at the start of the text or the end, now onto other things. This is set right after the battle with Pain, there will be some changes to the story it is an alternate universe. Please enjoy.]

Change in perspective will be in bold

Inner thoughts or writing, I will make sure to be clear when I write it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Naruto POV:

"It's over," I say collapsing onto a tree, my body is heavy I can feel all my wounds. I have used way too much Chakra in my fight with Pain. As I prepare to just rest here, I feel someone grab me.

"You did good Naruto. Let's get you back to the village." My Sensei's voice says, calming my senses, it may be a rough voice, but it has always been wise and a rock for me.

"Thanks, Kakashi Sensei," I say as he puts me on his back allowing me to rest my injured and tired self. But as we move, I remember something that happened during the battle. "Sensei, You were the fourth Hokage's student correct?" I ask,

"Yeah," he says clearly wary about my line of questioning,

"Why did you never tell me he was my father. Especially when I came back?" I ask hurt that he knew all along.

"It was under the third's order I always wanted to tell you; I just wasn't allowed. Please don't hold it against me. Now you know I have so much to tell you about your father and your mother. Oh, and my old team. Tonight, if you're not too busy I want to give you some stuff and talk to you about your father." He says clearly upset but also, I feel his body become a lot less stress.

"I would like that," I say as we get to the edge of the clearing, as he lets me down, I hobble over to the edge of the trees properly the sun still blinding me. As I step out, I am greeted by the cheers of thousands of people. All throwing their arms in the air and cheering my name.

"You saved them Naruto. You're the hero of the village." Kakashi says placing his hand on my shoulder, then on my other, I feel another softer hand I would recognise anywhere. My master, Pervy Sage. "You inherited Master Jiraiya's will of fire."

"You did it Naruto! The Fire's of youth burn brightly within you." Lee yells as I turn to look at him jumping for joy in his full green jumpsuit. As I look, I see all of team Guy. Guy Sensei standing there next to Lee in his matching outfit, his trademark grin on his face as he notices me he gives me a thumbs-up, Tenten is standing next to her master dressed in her white and maroon outfit and finally, I see Neji but as I look I see he has his back to me.

As I look I see most of the Konoha 11 standing before me, all but one is missing. Hinata who I am usually drawn to is missing from our ranks. "Big Brother Naruto!" a voice calls out that I instantly recognise, as I turn, I see Konohamaru running towards me his long blue scarf dragging along the ground behind him. "You did it! I was worried I would be the next Hokage!" he calls out making me chuckle and my heart to warm at the sight of my little brother in every way but blood.

"No way. It will take a lot more to kill me than that," I say giving him a wink as he reaches me, but I wasn't prepared for him to tackle me in a hug. Causing me to hit the ground. I feel a surge of pain through my back. I wince but manage to hide it from Konohamaru who is just excited to see me.

"You're a hero Big Brother!" he calls out on me, as he does, I manage to push myself up and kneel.

"You think so?" I ask rubbing his hair,