Chapter 3: For Two Years

Chapter 3: For two years

Journal entry 1:

Today marks my fourth month at Mount Myoboku, it will be my last for a while, my training has come full circle. I have managed to increase my Chakra control and increase the time I can remain in Sage mode. I can now throw a total of six Rasen-shuriken in that mode. The toads are all extremely happy with my progress and now say I am truly a proper Toad Sage now.

Flying Thunder God technique has been coming along, it works more like the summoning technique than the Body replacement technique I assumed it would be like. I enter a dimensional void as my father calls it. I require large amounts of Chakra to perform it, but I think it is because I haven't truly mastered the technique. I will be reading up more tomorrow on my journey to the village hidden in the sand. It hasn't been my focus but now I have time I will be focusing on it.

Naruto POV:

"Alright thank you again," I say weaving the final hand sigh and with a poof of white cloud I am back in the real world. As I look, I see the desert and I sigh, "Well I better get moving." I say as I begin to walk into it. I walk through the waves of sand until finally I come to a cave and I notice the sun is starting to set. Making the sky look like it is on fire.

So, I get to work and I start to set up camp, I unroll my scroll and summon myself my premade meals from the Toads. Mostly just plants this time, which is nice, not all bugs like last time. As I eat, I start studying a scroll to do with the Flying Thunder God Technique and my father's notes on it. As I read, I start to understand why I am using too much chakra.

"Seriously why didn't I think of that. I should have been concentrating on my destination more than my starting position. I am using too much because I am making myself think I am travelling through the air not going to my personal dimension. I am such an idiot." I say smacking myself in the head, with that I finish my meal.

I place my scroll as a pillow and fall asleep. Hours pass until I feel the touch of the light. My eyes feel heavy, but I force them to open up. I stand up and put on my scroll once more and head off across the sand. Checking my map, I realize I should be there in maybe four or five hours.

I continue to walk my sandals getting filled with sand every so often. But I keep trudging on finally after what feels like years, I see it, I see the gap in the wall of sandstone, and I walk towards it.

"Sir please stop!" I hear a sand Shinobi yell and so I do,

"I am Naruto Uzumaki, I am from the village hidden in the leaves. I am a friend of Gaara!" I call out,

"Naruto?" I hear another go,

"Oh, for the love of god! You two let him in. That is Gaara's friend." I hear a familiar voice say, as I follow it, I see Temari standing there waving at me. So, as the gate opens in front of me, I walk in. As I do, I sense Temari drop-down next to me. "Gaara is going to be so happy you are here. Shikamaru is here. He never said anything about anyone else coming." She starts,

"No, I came here on my own accord, I have kinda had to leave the village for a while to keep the peace between the clans. Now I am following in my master's footsteps and travelling and protecting the village from outside its walls."

"Well, Gaara still is going to be so excited." She says with a smile which screams I can kill you but also it is the friendliest I have ever seen her. "Can I ask you something?" she asks her voice suddenly dropping to a whisper as we walk, "Does Shikamaru have a girl back home?"

Which causes me to stop, and smile. "No, not the last time I checked four months ago. He says women are troublesome. But if you're interested I gotta say you have good tastes, he is smart and even though he acts lazy he is one of the most dedicated Shinobi's I know. Honestly, you would have to take the first move, but he wouldn't rebuff you." I say smiling and as I look at Temari she is bright red, "Don't worry. I won't say a word." I say as I continue to walk down the road we are headed.