Chapter 2:

Chapter 2: Goodbyes and Sacrifices

Change in perspective will be in bold

Inner thoughts or writing, I will make sure to be clear when I write it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Naruto POV:

It has been 2 days since the battle with pain. The village has mostly been rebuilt thanks to many shinobi working together using wood styles with Captain Yamato. Granny has woken up and will be moving around tomorrow. Today however is the funeral for Hinata and after that, I will be leaving at least for a while. I don't want to be here for the parade or whatever they are putting on for me at least if I leave the Hyuga's won't try and destroy the village trying to kill me. I have written out notes for each of the 11, Kakashi Sensei, and Granny Tsunade. I have already given Sasuke his.

I finish writing just as I hear movement outside of my room. As I pack away my book, I see who it is. "Morning Sai," I call out to the empty doorway,

"Morning Naruto." He says appearing in the doorway with his creepy smile, I know he is trying to be more approachable, but he does give me the creeps.

"Ready for today?" I ask as I seal my book into my scroll followed by my box of Kunai.

"I am not sure how to prepare I just wore some dark but nice clothes as Ino said as well as decided to bring some flowers." He states flatly,

"That's good, I am just going to wear my Sage outfit. It is the most formal thing I own." I say, as I place the scroll on my back and walk out the room. Sai and I walk towards the where the funeral will be held. "It's sad to say goodbye. I wish I could have spoken to her one more time." I say with a sigh as the line to enter appears.

"Yeah, I am not sure what I would say. But she was always nice to me. Always smiled back at me whenever I smiled." Sai says still smiling,

"She would be happy to know that is what you remember about her," I say just as we get to the front of the line, I can see the rest of the 11 already inside sitting together. As Sai gets let in an arm shoots out to stop me.

"No Demon foxes inside. Clan rules." The guard says, as I turn to him, I see his face is filled with anger and rage.

"I just want to say goodbye to my fellow Shinobi I fought beside," I say trying to stay calm. As I do, he spits in my face.

"Get out! You disgrace her for even being here you murderer!" he screams at me as I wipe the spit off my face.

"Fine," I yell back walking away as the line just stares at me in confusion. As I get out of sight, I feel my heartbreak in two and I collapse down against a fence. My mind racing a million things through it. I start crying, and I watch as every tear falls off my face slowly. With each drop, I feel myself become a little colder, a little more like a monster.

"Big brother Naruto?" I hear as I look up, I see Konohamaru staring at me in confusion.

"Hey, Konohamaru." I say wiping away the tears in my eyes trying to hide my sadness.

"What happened?" he asks,

"I just won't get to say goodbye with everyone else," I say, staring off at the tree before I continue. "Anyway. I won't get to see you again today probably. I just want you to keep up your training if you ever want to learn stuff ask Sasuke to help you out."

"Why can't I ask you?" he asks his face riddled with confusion, "You're not going to leave again are you?" he asks, his voice breaking.

"You know the Hokage has to keep the peace between the clans? I must do this now I have to go away for a while. To save the village from tearing itself apart. One day you will be one amazing Hokage." I say standing up rubbing his neatly done hair, "I will be gone by 10 pm tonight. I will have to say goodbye then. I may come back sometime." I say before walking away leaving Konohamaru stunned. "See you around little brother," I call out before I teleport to the hospital.