Chapter 4: Returning Home

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Journal Entry 4:

I am less than a day away from the village, I haven't made up my mind yet on if I will stay long. Honestly, I was thinking about just getting some custom Kunai made and then leaving again without the Hyuga even knowing I had returned. It is March and I know it is Tenten's birthday soon and I have missed so much with everyone. I am kinda homesick.

Plus, I have been travelling too long and I am getting tired. I may still be fit but if I had to fight Pain now, I would lose.

Naruto POV:

I write as I get up for the very last leg of my journey and I have to decide if I stay home or leave again. I know I will be setting up camp at training ground 3 just to make sure I stay out of the way, especially from the eyes of the Hyuga's

As I walk with my scroll on my back, I start recognising the trees and road I use to travel often leaving the village either with my Sensei or out on missions. I sigh remembering the good old days of young team 7 and the problems we use to cause for ourselves. But it was fun.

As I look up, I am greeted by the main gates to the village. The massive green gates awaiting me, it looks good as new. "Home sweet home," I say with a sigh as I see the people just going about their day, enjoying life. It makes me feel sad to know that I may never actually get to stay here for too long.

"At least I will get to see them, even if I don't get to talk to many of them," I say sighing and deciding to take a more discrete way into the village. As I work my way around the wall, I find a quiet spot and I jump onto it. As I look around, I see the village, it looks good as new as if the Pain attack never happened which warms my heart.

"Well, that is a sight for sore eyes." Someone says to my right, as I turn, I see Choji standing there, fully equipped in his red armour.

"Hey Choji," I say giving him a wave, "Look don't say I am in town if too many find out Neji will come for my head. I am only going to stay for a day maybe two at max." I say sighing returning my gaze to the Hokage faces.

"Well, things have gotten bad, really bad. The Hyuga's have been pressing a lot of crap onto clanless and smaller clans. Forcing them to be segregated and looked at as lesser Ninja compared to the larger clan. The Uchiha's have been trying to keep things under control but there are only so much they can do. People have been killed and the shops owned by clanless have been destroyed and they are trying to force them out of the village." He says which sends me into shock.

"I thought things would get better if I left, I am so sorry Choji." I say heartbroken hearing about my village, "Is everyone alright?" I ask,

"Yeah mostly, Itachi and Izumi's wedding had to be cancelled but they still had their son. But with you back the village could unite, the hero returned please Naruto please help save our village." Choji pleads,

"I will try, I need to go see Itachi," I say leaping off not caring if people see me anymore and I start to run towards the Uchiha compound, I weave through the streets and I hear people whisper my name as I run and every so often I see people pointing and staring.

As I round the corner, I see the symbol for the Uchiha clan on a pair of black gates, I stop out the front of it taking a quick breath before I push it open. As I do four sets of red eyes instant track onto me staring literal daggers into me.

"Naruto?" I hear a friendly voice ask, as I turn slightly, I see Sasuke drop down from his roof and approach me. "Oh my god, Naruto it has been so long." He says offering me a handshake, which I accept.