Chapter 6

The next morning I woke up to a gloomy sky. I sighed and dragged myself to shower. After wearing my clothes, I decided to wear Alexander's earrings. Looking at them made my stomach flip.

"Those are so beautiful!" Ellie gushed and pointed at my earrings. We were at school, our first class was free today so all the students were piling into the cafeteria. I murmured a thanks. She was about to reprimand me for thanking unnecessarily but a loud sneeze didn't let her talk. She sniffed, I was about to ask her about her health when a concerned looking Leon emerged from the crowd, a frown marring his face. "Are you sick, El?", He asked. Ellie looked like she was about to swoon but surprised me when she said in a quite steady voice," A little bit, yes. But, don't start worrying about me now, Leon."

He smiled and said, "I always worry about you." He further proceeded to shimmy out of his hoodie and offered it to Ellie who dutifully put it on. She looked dwarfed in his hoodie. I internally chuckled at her love-struck expression.

Leon turned towards me as if finally sensing that someone was witnessing their "scene". I refused the urge to roll my eyes. He looked mortified. We have never had a one on one conversation and I wasn't ready for one. To save us from the embarrassment, Alexander approached me, looking regal in a navy blue T-shirt. I waved at him and excused myself. The sight of him smiling at me made me feel weird. Good weird.

''Hi.", I smiled at him.

That signature sleepy smile bloomed across his face. He leaned slightly towards me and touched my earrings, his fingers ghosting over my cheek. Goosebumps bloomed on my skin and I suppressed a shiver.

"They magnify your beauty, how it is possible amazes me, magnifying the beauty of the most beautiful person is an impossible achievement."

I laugh, "Were you reading a trashy romance novel, Alexander?"

He frowns at me, "I don't think I know what that means. We still have an hour free, will you give me a tour of your town?"

"First my school and now my town, what next?"

"The next time it will be me who will give you a tour. Now, hurry up."

***

"Do you know that this is my favorite place in the entire universe?", I stated. We were in a vintage styled library. It was the most beautiful place on earth. Alexander smiled at me and said, "You haven't seen the whole world, Evelyn."

"You cant change my opinion, Alexander." He chuckled.

"Now, to the next place."

My phone went off, it was Ellie. I excused myself and answered the phone.

"We have the next class free as well! Can you believe our luck? I am going on a date with Leon, you can remain wherever you are!" I could imagine her wiggling her eyebrows suggestively . "Okay, have fun!", I said and she hung up.

I went back to where Alexander was and told him about the free class. We then went to my car and I started thinking about all the places I could visit with Alexander. I started driving.

"Stop", I immediately hit the brake and whipped my head towards Alexander. He was calmly looking at the woods and then he opened the door and went out of the car.

"Where are you going?", I was out of the car as well, he turned towards me and whispered, "Lets visit these woods, Evelyn"

I followed him without any hesitation.

We were now in the middle of the forest when Alexander stopped and sat on a log, he patted the space next to him. I sat down, I could feel his warmth, it made me want to lean in, the day was very cold. I shivered, he laughed.

'"What?" I said in a very annoyed voice.

"You are always cold, aren't you?"

"Well, duh, look at the sky, if it wasn't June, I would say that its going to snow soon."

He looked mildly surprised and he cocked his head, his gaze was so intense, I was trying hard not to squirm or worse, blush. Suddenly, a drop of liquid fell on my neck which finally distracted him and he looked at the sky, I did the same.

It was snowing.

It was snowing in the middle of June, I turned to see Alexander, half expecting a smug smile on his face. His head was still turned towards the sky, his eyes were closed, white eyelashes feathered on pale cheeks. The snowflakes looked like diamonds on his white hair. The flakes entangled in his silver locks looked mesmerizing. He looked so angelic and I was so busy staring at him that I hardly noticed when his eyes flew open and when he shouted my name in panic.

A swoosh of air, a cold object flew by my head and pinned me using my hair. The air was knocked out of my lungs, my scalp hurt, I dared to turn sideways and saw that my hair was pinned to a tree trunk using an arrow tipped with icicle, frost was spreading from the tip of that arrow and it was fast approaching my head, my hair was already frozen. I was so scared that tears began to emerge from my eyes, I looked around and saw numerous figures approaching me, I couldn't see them properly, I tried to get a better look at them when a pair of gentle hands turned my face. I gazed into Alexander's blue eyes, he had my face in his hands and was stroking my hair while murmuring something inaudible. My vision was blackening , I felt dizzy. Suddenly, my hair was free and I tumbled into Alexander's waiting arms, he smelled so fresh. He rested his chin on top of my head and started stroking my ice cold arms. I moved back a little, just to look at him and he smiled at me in a sorrowful way and murmured, "I am so sorry, Evelyn." Why was he apologizing?

"You need to sleep, mo gra". He then kissed my brow and I fell into oblivion.