1| 𝘟𝘌𝙍 𝙏𝙍𝙊𝙐𝘜𝙇𝙀𝙎

The key just wouldn't turn over. Dustin and Will had already been inside the arcade, yet, I was stuck outside in the September air, trying to start my car.

I owned a tainted yellow, 67' Pontiac. The hot rod version, which was giving me a hard time. I'm sure I looked like an idiot, climbing from the front seat and back out and under the hood again.

Deciding I'd finally give up, I collapsed into the front seat. I threw my head against leather behind me, "goddamnit", my fists met the steering wheel. I tucked the loose hairs from my face and reached up on the dash, pulling a cigarette from the pack and lighting it.

I took a long drag at it, before letting my eyes drift shut for a split second, to calm my nerves.

"I see your having troubles", a deep and gruff voice called out, catching my attention. My eyes fell in the voices direction, to see the one and only, Billy Hargrove. He was leaning into his blue Camaro, a cigarette hung loosely between his lips. He wasn't so much of the new guy anymore, yet every girl seemed to fall at his feet and which, he would reply with an approving, cocky smirk. I mentally gagged.

"Is it that noticeable?" I remarked, sarcastically.

He took a drag at the last bit of the cigarette he had left, before flicking it in front of himself, smashing the remains with the tip of his boot and coming closer to me.

"Knowing I've been here for about fifteen minutes, yes." The response that left his lips, before that signature smirk appeared.

His boots clicked against the pavement below him, each step swiftly made, stopping at my car door. The sun was blinding, only leaving his silhouette in sight. Pulling my eyes away, I looked ahead of myself, seeing the hood of the car. I took a deep breath, unprepared for the hell I was sure I was about to go through. My eyes soon fell back on Billy. His hand placed itself in the crease of the door and the other on the top of the hood, leaving him more revealing.

"I uh, I give lessons you know." He trailed off.

I felt my heart rate increase, "oh?"

He hummed in response and came a bit closer, flicking my chin up a bit higher, "I could teach you some things if you want.."

The burning feeling, flushed over my cheeks, "I-I didn't know you did lessons."

The devil flashed a grin down on me, "oh yes," he shifted in his stance, "come to think of it, there's this.. good local pool at motel 6. We could go for a swim after a few lessons. It's very quiet." He cooed his smirk. "Shall we see you tonight?" Billy bit his lip, waiting on my response. I choked up a bit on my words, before I spat something back.

"I'll think about it," I shoved it off, goosebumps chilling my body. Playing it off as if I wasn't fazed, I changed the subject.

"So, you gonna help me? Or gaze pretty boy?"

A smirk creeped on his lips, leaving behind a snicker, before walking to the front of the car. I saw his hands plant themselves on the edge of the greasy underside of my car. His hands fumbled around with a few things and automatically starting the car. A bubbling noise came from the motor, Billy laughed aloud with a hoot. His hands pulled something to make a small popping noise, to instantly shutting the engine back off.

His presence was at my door once again. He wiped his hands on his jeans, grease staining in small areas. He shook his head before, kneeling down to my height, placing an unlit cigarette between his lips. His crystallized eyes danced in my way as his hands fumbled around with his lighter. He brought it close to his lips, lighting his cigarette and clicking it shut. He spoke, "I can call a tow, but I'm free to drive you home if you'd like."