5| 𝙃𝘼𝙒𝙆𝙄𝙉𝙎 𝙋𝙊𝙊𝙇

Dustin and I sat at the dining room table, our aunt was cooking us lunch whilst, I listened to Dustin speaking. "Well, it's not the worst thing in the world that I lost to Dig-Dug to Max. She's cool and she fits in really good with our group." I nodded, drawing on the napkin with a old ink pen that sat on the table. My face rest in the palm of my hand, in boredom.

"Are you even listening?" Dustin asked, waving his hand in front of my face. Removing my hand and looking at him, I nodded, "yeah, just bored," then gave a odd look down at the drawing below me.

Dustin's lips parted and he came closer peering at the drawing, "Woody The Woodpecker?"

I shrugged with a grin, slid it forward and stood to help my aunt with cooking. She flashed a smile, "hey Ellie, do you mind doing me a favor today?" Shrugging and grabbing the hot pan, I took it to the sink and ran cold water over it, steaming the house, "yeah, of course."

"Could you take Dusty to the pool with you today? Maybe? I know you planned on going with Steve, but I'm gonna be gone at the vet today with Mews. I don't think he's gonna want tag." I glanced back at Dustin who had both palms on the table. His mouth agape and he just stare at the both of us, "ever think of asking me what I want to do. I don't want to hangout with Ellie and her boyfriend at the pool, ew."

"Boyfriend? You have a boyfriend?"

"No! No, he's not my boyfriend. He's a friend." I glared over at Dustin. He just shrugged. Scoffing at his reaction and turning back to my aunt, I went on, "he drove me around for a few days, because my car broke down at the arcade a few days ago." She made an 'O' shape with her mouth and pulled the pan off the stove. She began serving plates of grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup, "but yeah, Dustin and I can hang out for today." I smirked over at Dustin who fake gagged on his cheese sandwich.

Rushing to my seat, I sat down quickly, grabbing a napkin and waiting for food to be served. My aunt Henderson dropped the hot, cheesy sandwich on my plate. The aroma lingering, making my tastebuds dance. I picked it up with the napkin and took a bite out of it. The walnuts and cheese was a great combination, mmm. "Oh dear lord, this sandwich is killer, oh man," I moaned, taking another bite out of it. Strings of cheesy at the corners of my mouth. Dustin giggled at me, attempting to hold his hot sandwich, bare handed, causing me to giggle back.

———

"Instead of going to the pool, could you drop me off at Will's? We're gonna play D&D," Dustin looked over at me from the passenger seat. I frowned, fixing both my hands on the steering wheel, "for one, your lying. You don't play Dungeons and Dragons anymore, it's more about Suzie now. Will told me. And two, you know your mom would ring my damn neck Dustin, I can't. I'm Sorry." Dustin groaned, throwing himself back into the leather seat, "this sucks ass." Giving him a sly grin and fixing sunglasses over my eyes, I replied to Dustin, "at least Steve will be there." Dustin smiled and looked out the window, "one plus of the day. Maybe not for you though."

Smugly smiling at him, I flicked him off, cranking up the music. I began to pull into Hawkins Pool, definitely wasn't a favorite place of mine. There were always too many people and Billy was bound to be working.

Dustin unbuckled himself and sat forward with a smile, he pointed inside of the pool ground and at the lifeguards chair, "your boy toy isn't working today." I glared at him, before unlocking the car. The both of us got out to greet a shirtless Steve, and Robin in a cute ass baiting suit, themed of Scoops Ahoy.

"Ellie you made it!" Robin exclaimed and practically jumped on me. Her arms wrapped tightly around my neck, looking down at me, "your cute," she pecking my cheek. Steve snickered and covered his mouth. Dustin, who stood next to Steve, looked at me and Robin, he shrugged and chirped "if her boy toy was around, just an FWI, he wouldn't approve of that." Steve and Robin gave me puzzled faces, Robin releasing her grip around my shoulders, "who's your boyfriend?"