veintiuno

taymor

"taymor take this seriously. i understand what you're doing for you and nick and i'm glad you told me but this is important to me, i want to see you graduate. it lets me know that i did something right" my mom continued to ramble on. today was the first day of school so she was on my ass. ever since we sent stoke, jah, and jayda off to college over a week ago, she won't stop saying that could've been me. it got annoying real fast.

my older sister graduated a couple years ago so i don't understand the big deal. "but tasha graduated" i shrugged.

she slapped me, "boy are we talking about tasha? no we're talking about you! just get your shit and go to school.. got me cursing early in the damn morning"

i rolled my eyes and grabbed my bookbag off the ground, heading outside towards my new car i bought a few days ago. of course it was the dirty money but moreless it was money.

once i got in i sent nick a text saying i was on my way. it didn't take long to get to him since i knew all the shortcuts. i called him and told him i was outside. about 10 minutes later him and tiamani came and got in the car.

"hey baby" nick beamed once he got in the car and kissed my cheek. i just looked at tiamani in the backseat and looked back at nick, "where she going?"

he laughed, "she's starting highschool and she's going to my school". i nodded and pulled away from his apartment complex.

"you ready for your first day of freshman year?" i asked tiamani who was typing away on her phone. she looked up and nodded, "yeah, just a lil nervous"

"don't talk to no senior niggas, i don't care how good he say you look" i warned her. she nodded in response. i then looked at nick who was fixing his lil ponytail in the sun visor mirror. i placed my hand on his thigh, rubbing circles with my thumb. he smiled softly putting the window back up.

"what bout you mamas. you ready for your senior year?" i asked him.

he nodded, "yeah. are you? tay i really want you to take this seriously"

i groaned, "i know and i will. you know i can"

he sighed, "i know, i'm sorry"

i shook my head, "don't apologize. i get it"

after changing the subject we just talked about random things for the rest of the ride. i finally pulled up infront of his school. nick sighed watching everyone go inside.

"do i really have to go?" he looked at me. "oh i have to take this seriously but you can't.. get cho ass in that school"

he giggled and leaned over, placing a soft kiss on my lips.

"imma be here at three to pick you up and we gonna go out to eat. you can come too tee"

she smiled, "thanks but i don't wanna ruin your date so i'll get a uber home"

"can we go to red lobster?" nick asked with a hopeful look in his eyes.

i nodded and he smiled in return. we exchanged
i love you's then he & tiamani got out, walking towards the building. i waited until they made it inside to drive off.