treinta y uno

december 25th, 2002

the three children surrounded the christmas tree with excited expressions. ready to open their presents. alicia sat on the couch smiling at her children lovingly while holding her newborn son, nicholas. beside her was her husband david, who was eyeing nicholas carefully. 6 days prior, alicia gave birth to her fourth child. after nicholas was born the couple was surprised to hear that their baby boy had been born with female genitals. although alicia was shocked, she was not going to treat her son any differently. she would let him choose his own path. when he was old enough she would let him choose if he wanted to keep his parts or have them removed and replaced with the opposite.

david on the other hand was disgusted, infuriated even. the man couldn't believe his wife was even remotely okay with the fact that their son was basically a freak. david even refused to hold the newborn after the information was given to him and his wife. alicia wasn't tolerating the disrespect though. she told the man that he can either treat his son correctly or kick rocks. the man had been quiet since.

.

january of 2003

and just like a coward would, david thought the answer to getting his mind off of his freakish son was to cheat. so that's what he went on to do. he cheated on his wife. constantly. one nights stands were his go to for a while until one night he spent with a woman that went by the name of charlotte. david just couldn't get enough of the woman. ultimately the two decided to exchange numbers with each other, in case they wanted to hook up more. which they did, very often.

.

february of 2003

well, david's pull out game bout weak as hell. he and alicia had conceived again and now alicia was now pregnant with their 5th child. david was also doing well with dealing with nicholas, as long as he didn't have to change him or bathe him. he was fine with feeding and putting him to sleep.

one day david received a call from charlotte, he thought she was calling for another steamy night like the ones they had before but it was exactly the opposite.

the two met up and that's when charlotte told david that she was now pregnant with his child. david went on to tell the woman that he already had a family which angered charlotte. but david wasn't sure what the woman wanted him to do, he was finally making peace with the fact that his son wasn't changing so he needed to accept it.

.

as june approached, alicia was 4 months along and charlotte was 5. young james was playing in the living room and unexpectedly gave himself rug burn. he immediately ran to his mother crying over his burn.

alicia who was getting ready to change nicholas' diaper asked her husband to change their son while she attended to james' burn.

david was hesitant but still agreed. as he changed his son his body was filled with utter disgust and decided he couldn't take anymore of this. he realized he would never get over the way his son was and he always made the wrong decisions when dealing with issues so that night he packed his things and just left.

he didn't know where to go until he remembered that charlotte was still pregnant with his child so he called her, agreeing to start a family with her.