treinta y cuatro

i just want to say thank you so much for 3.48k votes as well as 72.6k reads. i really appreciate all the love and support you guys have given me. i loveeee you🥰.

.

taymor

"we proud of you bro forreal" stokeley spoke into the phone. i smiled, "thanks bro"

"tay get off the damn phone and gimme a hug" my mom exclaimed as she brought the last box into my room.

"aigh imma hit y'all later" i said to the trio before hanging up from the group facetime call. i tossed my phone onto the bed before going over to my mom who was exhausted from hauling in boxes all afternoon with me.

she suddenly pulled me in a tight hug, almost crushing me. "damn ma" i groaned. she pulled away and laughed, "i forgot ya ass is all skin and bones"

"bare skin and bones" a voice spoke from the other side of the room. i looked to see nick sitting on his bed watching us. nick had a earlier move in time than me so his stuff was already put together and done.

"nick where's your mom?" my mom questioned him since we haven't seen her in a little bit.

nick shrugged, "probably getting something to eat or talking to somebody"

i practically moaned at the thought of food. i'm so hungry. "can we get something to eat? i'm starving"

nick shook his head, "nope. let's finish your side first". he got up and started taking stuff out the boxes. i sucked my teeth and helped them finish up my side of the room. once we were finished we went and got some food.

"so now that you guys are here how are you feeling?" my mom asked us.

"i'm feeling good" i responded honestly. "nervous" nick said. "you guys will be fine, you have tay and stephanie is right down the block at spelman" she said. stephanie got accepted to spelman which was walking distance from here so her and nick could see each other all the time.

.

"you ready to start our new life?" nick asked me as we layed down on my bed. our moms went to some event the school was having for the parents. so it was just me and nick in our dorm room.

i nodded, "yeah"

it was a comfortable silence after that. nick buried his face in my neck while i started thinking.

"remember i thought you was a girl?" i randomly asked. "yeah i wanted to knock you the fuck out" nick laughed. i smiled.

"you and them ugly ass toes" nick snorted. i sucked my teeth, "i know you ain't talking-"

"what? what you gonna say?"

"..nun"

"oh aigh"

nick removed himself from my embrace and sat up, grabbing his phone. i turned on my side to look at him, i just watched as he scrolled and tapped away on his phone. i didn't even realize i was staring for that long until i heard him speak.

"why you looking at me like that?" i looked to see his face scrunched up.

"i really can't picture my life without you" i answered honestly.

he smiled, then leaned down and planted a kiss on my lips.

"neither can i, i love you"

"i love you too"

the end.