I closed my eyes And wrapped my arms around you

“This is how it's meant to be
This is where we're supposed to be
I don't think anyone
Could ever love anyone
The way I love you
The way I love you”                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 He hadn’t heard from her all day. It was hard enough for him not seeing her, but when she went radio silent his patience completely disintegrated. He blew up her phone with texts and calls and even voicemails. For the past week since showing her the rebuilt hut and getting his proposal rejected he had tried his hardest to take a step back, give her space to think and room to breathe. He thought he was doing a pretty good job of it, for him anyway, but all of his bad habits came back after only hours of not hearing from her.

It’s not like he didn’t have a right to worry. He lost count of how many times her life had been threatened. He really didn’t want to think about it happening again, but at this point it was a very real possibility. It had taken everything in him to stay in his office and pretend to work for a full day instead of breaking down the Şadoglu’s door and demanding to know her whereabouts. 

She’s probably mad at you. You know how stubborn she is.

Maybe her phone died or got lost?

Maybe she died or got lost…

His thoughts cycled between good and bad scenarios until by dusk he was dizzy with worry. He knew her family was set to move out of their konak the next morning and that it had become increasingly chaotic in her house. He knew because he had a man posted near the residence at all times. He knew what her coward grandfather was capable of and he wasn’t taking any chances, besides, he was a man of his word. His men were very reliable and would have informed him of any important comings or goings. Important meaning anything to do with Reyyan.  

But like they said, it had been chaotic . Maybe they missed her leaving on her own. Afterall, she was extremely determined, and capable when she wanted to be. It was true that his men couldn’t watch every part of the house at every moment of the day. But if any hair on her head was harmed by a member of her family while his man was on watch, he would need to fear for his life. 

He grabbed the suit jacket off the back of his chair and pulled out his keys to lock up the office. He rushed to his car and had it unlocked before a better thought came to him. His car beeped as the doors locked once again and he stuffed his keys in his pants pocket as he walked briskly around the corner. 

He was glad he ditched his jacket in the car. Although it was nearly dark now, the heat from the day still lingered in the ground and it rose up to meet him as he walked. He rounded the corner and then he could see the side wall of the Şadoglu mansion. He wasn’t afraid to be caught in front of her house, not that he ever really had been, but now that he had the financial and intellectual upperhand on Nasuh he felt he could come and go as he pleased. 

A different kind of fear gripped him as he scaled the wall that led to the top floor of the konak, just as he did the day after she burned the hut and came back here hoping for mercy. Then he had Firat with him, to be his conscience when he couldn’t think straight. But now Firat wasn’t thinking straight and he was all alone in his quest to keep her safe. He told himself he would just look and listen for any sign of her location and then leave. No talking to Melike, no confronting Azat, no visiting Reyyan in an abandoned part of the house. It would be as if he’d never been there.