The Bond That Ties Us Part II

Kylo woke again in the morning with the same irritated mood as the day before except this time more exhausted. This was something he was going to have to get used to. He never used to dream at night and yet now, he dreamed every night of her. It felt that nearly every moment of his life was somehow wrapped around Rey.

Sitting up from the leather sofa Kylo looked around the room that was still in disarray. He had commanded a few of the troopers to bring in a new sofa so that he could sleep in his study. He had hoped that if he had slept there, the dreams of Rey would cease, but clearly the dreams where only getting worse. It's just a phase.

His dreams weren't the only reason for his lack of sleep. He was constantly waking up to sense her through the force. He knew very well she was a target to the army, so he would purposely wake up every few hours to sense her force against his. He was very careful not to wake her, only pushing slightly, just enough to sense her presence nearby. He always felt the ever pressing need to make sure Rey was okay.

Making no move to get up from the sofa, Kylo looked over at the door with utter annoyance. The footsteps that came down the hall belonged to the person he had the least patience for. The fact that his patience was already running thin, the entrance of Hux only made Kylo rethink his decision to leave Hux still breathing.

"What happened to your study?" Hux question as the door swung open.

"What is it Hux?!" Kylo barked.

"The army has been questioning your recent disappearances, I informed them that you were injured in training, but they are demanding a speech from their Supreme Leader." He stated, unfazed by Kylo's outburst.

"Not today, I have an issue of high importance that needs my attention."

"You have nothing scheduled for today, Sir."

"Then there is no need for a speech, right? You're the commander of the army, so go take care of it." Kylo stood, stretching his legs while being mindful of his injury. He passed Hux and made his way to what was left of his desk.

"You can't keep ignoring your duties. It been two days." Hux said with agitation while pushing some of the debris away from his path.

Ignoring his comment, Kylo bent down to scourged his broken desk. When he couldn't find the necklace, he stood abruptly causing him to wince as his stitches pulled across the healing wound.

Of course it would be gone.

"Go and take care of that speech, I have something I need to deal with right now." Kylo said as he lifted his helmet from the floor and slid it on. He pushed passed the general as he exited his study.

"Where are you going? You need to be present, are you deaf?!" Hux shouted.

Kylo walked in the room trying to compose himself. He stopped in front of Marius who was chained to the wall of the detention cell. He gripped Marius's face and yanked it to the side to check for any signs of injury.

"Well well, come to visit your favorite Knight?" He smirked blowing a kiss at Kylo.

"How did you heal?" Kylo asked ripping his hand away.