Chosen

Kylo finally realized why Snoke had chosen Hux as his general. While the man could be stupid, he did not give in to torture. Kylo watched the swirls of red as he washed his hands, his knuckles taking on a bluish hue. He knew Hux was giving him the runaround, so he decided to call it a night. Leaving the lower levels of the detention center Kylo made his ascent back to his room. He wasn't content with the answers the general seemed to be spewing out, if anything, it was becoming more and more difficult to figure out where Marius was hiding and what his plan was in using the resistance against him.

As he entered his room, Kylo didn't bother signaling the light to turn on but instead took his helmet off, placing it on the table beside his bed. He suddenly felt the hair on the back of his neck stand as he noticed a dark figure hunched over his desk from the corner of his eye. Quickly reaching for his lightsaber Kylo faced his desk and waited for his eyes to fully adjust before slowly moving forward. When he noticed that the figure continued to lay still, he moved closer once more.

His hand quickly released his weapon.

Rey.

He reached over and tapped on his desk lamp, watching as the bright light illuminated her face. Her head rested awkwardly on her arm, as if she had fallen asleep unaware. Under her arm was an ampule amount of reports, he figured she had sneaked in trying to find more information about her friends. Kylo unclipped his saber and placed it on the desk. He quietly stepped around the chair and gently placed his hand on her back, leaning forwards so he could have access to her ear.

"Rey." He spoke softly.

No response.

He called her name again, this time shaking her a bit to get her to wake.

She suddenly bolted upright slamming her head against his jaw. Pain exploded in his face as he stumbled back.

"Dammit!" Kylo shouted, the stars in his eyes slowly dissipating as he rubbed his jaw.

"You shouldn't creep up on people!" Rey threw back at him, her hand rubbing the back of her head.

Kylo looked at her incredulously. They both stared at each other, neither of them speaking as the silence became slightly awkward.

She stood up abruptly, pushing the chair back. "I'll leave first." She mumbled, turning her back on him.

Before she could move away Kylo reached for her and grabbed her arm.

"Wait, I'll escort you." He offered, annoyed that she still kept her back to him.

"I'm a big girl, I can go by myself." Rey threw over her shoulder trying to shrug him off. Kylo refused to release his grip and instead pulled her back to him.

"Let go-"

"I'll go with you, considering you hit your head pretty hard…...against my face." Kylo leaned closer to her. "Have to make sure you don't fall on your way back to your room."

Rey moaned in frustration. He felt small sparks of agitation rise up as he tried to get her to stop struggling. When he realized she wouldn't stop, he released her arm and grabbed hold of both her shoulders.