{One}

-Bullies & Rex it doesn't mix.

I woke up to someone shutting a door, I sat up and looked over at my clock, 7:55am.

10 minutes before school... Great.

I sat up and got out of bed and walked to my bathroom. I straightened my long black hair as i slipped on a pair of red skinnies along with a black Linkin Park shirt, I then went to do my makeup. Once I was ready I walked downstairs to where my Dad was sitting in the kitchen reading the paper.

"Why didn't you wake me up?" I asked.

"Why would I?" He asked, not even looking up from the paper as he answered.

"I would be late."

"Shut up and get to school!" My dad yelled.

I opened the front door, tears running down my face. It was raining out and not just light rain it just had to be pouring out, I grabbed a umbrella as I turned to walk to school I walked past Rex's house and saw him sitting on the swing with his head in his hands, I walked up to him.

"Rex?" I asked looking up at me.

"Vanessa I thought you would be at school already." He muttered.

"My sister doesn't drive me." I went to sit down next to him on the swing as I set the umbrella down.

"My brother went with your sister, he just told me 'Back off and find your own ride.'" Rex said.

"My sister doesn't care if I'm late."

"Since your here and have a umbrella, want to walk to school together?"

"Or we could just hang out here."

"My mom is home, she'll yell at me for skipping. But we could always go somewhere else."

"Like?" I asked, curious.

"I don't know, I though you would have an answer to that." Rex said as he smiled.

"Let's just walk to school." I said.

"Sounds good." He said as I put the umbrella over both of us and we walked to school.

***

Rex held the door open for me as we walked inside. His locker was one away from mine. I unlocked my locker and pulled out my schedule and walked to my class.

"Your late again, Ms. Ebony!" The teacher, Mrs. Snips, said.

"Sorry Mrs. Snips." I apologized.

"You very well should be." She said as I looked around for a seat.

I finally found one in the back surrounded by other empty desks. I walked past other students and heard them laugh and say "Freak." under their breath, so low enough Mrs. Snips couldn't hear them.

I sat down and as she began to teach again, I started to doodle on my purple notebook as there was another knock on the classroom door which brought me out of my doodling and I saw Rex walking in.

"Your late Mr. Ezra! Very late!"  

Mrs. Snips said once again.

Rex walked past her and the jocks started to gossip and mumble.

"Mr. Ezra-" Mrs. Snips said

"What?" Rex said as he turned around.

"Do you have a pass?"

"No."

"I'm going to mark you as tardy."

"Whatever." Rex said as he sat down next to me.

Mrs. Snips started to pass our homework out shortly after he sat down.

"Why are you so late?" I whispered.

"I don't want to talk about it." He answered.

"Rex?"

"I don't want to talk about it."

"Okay." I said and saw a single tear run down his face.

The bell rang, Rex and I stood up as we walked to our lockers. The bell rang once more as I turned around to see a bunch of jocks surrounding something or someone. I walked over and pushed past the jocks to see Rex sitting in the middle, his lip bloody. Then one of the jocks pushed me back, it was my ex boyfriend, Jake.

"Vanessa." he said as he hit my arms, making me drop my stuff.

"Leave him alone Jake." I told him.

"Aww is he your boyfriend?"

"Jake!" I yelled before I saw him put his fist up, and his fist hit my face.

"Hey! You kids!!" Someone yelled and the jocks all ran away as the principal walked over to us.

"You ok?" He asked, concerned.

"That was a very stupid question." I told him as Rex groaned.

"I'll go get the nurse." he said and walked away. I managed to gather the strength to get up and walk over to Rex.

"Rex.." I started before he looked up at me "your bleeding." Rex reached up and ran his fingers over his bloody lip.

"I guess I am." Rex said.

"Let me help you." I told him, reaching over to kiss him.