The fight

Percy and Grover had completed their quest and had returned safetly with Annabeth. Thalia had joined the hunters and Zoë had died fighting her father, Atlas. Everything was more or less fine.

Except Bianca had sacrificed herself to save the group.

Nico and you ran up to the group and you hugged Annabeth tightly.

"Never jump off a cliff with a manticore EVER again. Got it?" you said firmly.

Annabeth nodded and hugged you again.

Nico came behind you and asked

"Where's my sister?"

Percy grimaced and said

"C'mon Nico. Let's go for a walk."

You saw Annabeth frown.

"What's wrong Annabeth?" you asked.

She explained to you about how Bianca had sacrificied herself to save the others in the junkyard of the gods.

"It'll crush Nico." you said, a tear rolling down your face. "I have an idea." you said.

You raced down to the forest, your (h/c) hair flying behind you.

You saw Nico storming away from the scene and Percy destroying the last of the skeleton creatures.

"Nico!" you yelled, breathless.

Nico spun round on his heel, a dark fire burning in his eyes.

"What." he demanded.

You took a deep breath, composed yourself and started.

"Look, Nico I know your upset-"

"Upset?" he said in a deathly tone (no pun intended) "I'm upset! Who said that?"

You were about to carry on when he cut you off again.

"Oh yeah! (y/n) the smart alec from the Apollo cabin. Because you have to know everything, you can't help but pry into other people's lives. I can't believe that I came friends with you." he said darkly and stormed off.

"Nico!" you faintly heard Percy yell.

You zoned out after that. You couldn't think of anything but Nico's parting words.