Music To My Ears - [Ibuki Mioda x Fem!Reader]

Requested by @SilverTheTwistedWolf
Reminder that instead of commenting a request, you can DM me with one! I also recently published an ishimondo oneshot book, so go and read that if that's your thing!

Also (N/N) = Nickname

"Ibu-Mi!" You whispered meekly, pulling your close friend's arms away from her dish and wiping her mouth with a nearby napkin as you used her nickname to scold her. "Don't eat so fast, you'll get a stomachache! Do you know how ironic it would be if you died on this island from choking on your food when there's a killing game in place?" You hurriedly doted over your good friend Ibuki Mioda, who had been shoveling food into her mouth as quick as possible until you stopped her.

Ibuki swallowed, groaning gently. "But (N/N)! I wanna hurry up and eat! The whole day's ahead of us, why not use it?" You giggled, setting down the napkin you had been tenderly wiping Ibuki's mouth with.

"The day starts with you getting a hearty breakfast, and hearty doesn't mean heartburn. Take your time, smell the flowers, Ibu-Mi." You took the time to push her plate of food forward and press her chopsticks back in her hand, watching as she ate again, but slower.

Akane snickered nearby, cramming food into her mouth despite the warning you'd just given Ibuki. "God, (Y/N)! You and Mioda talk like an old married couple!"

You could feel the blood rush to your cheeks at the comment, a giggle playing on your lips. "Well... I care about Ibu-Mi a lot..."

Ibuki howled out a laugh, wrapping her arms around your shoulders and hugging you close to her chest. "Hell yeah! (N/N) and Ibuki go together like curry n' rice! If I was without her cute mug for more than ten minutes, I'd like, go insane! So you're totally right! She's my adorable lil' wife!"

Your face burned a dark red at Ibuki's words. Her wife...? Of course you had the thoughts before, those intense desires to lean in and kiss her, squeeze her hands, those pure wants that would at night sometimes even spiral into ones you'd admit were rather naughty. It was so much easier to keep them in your head rather than ask if Ibuki was gay, though. Of course you had your assumptions due to the constant amount of dirty jokes she made about what she called "the wonderful world of girls' love," but knowing your crush's sexual orientation was way off from a vibe you got. Especially during a terrifying game such as the one you were plopped into. Your thoughts were cut off by Ibuki's loud whining, her large chest pressing against your shoulder.

"(N/N)! I'm so boooooored!" The musician wailed, squishing her face against yours. Your cheeks burned a deep maroon at the close contact, your throat clearing softly.

"W-well, what do you wanna do today?" You questioned, still not refusing the ginger touches.

Ibuki giggled in return, throwing her hands up in the air. "I know! Let's go swimming today! It's warm, it's nice, let's go to the beach!"

You covered your mouth, smiling up at the eccentric apple of your eye. "...the beach sounds lovely."

Ibuki spared no time in yanking your arm, dragging you out of the hotel restaurant and toward you guys' cottages. "Hurry up and get into your swimsuit! Ibuki'll meet you down at the beach!" She chirped, not giving you time to respond as she dashed into her own cottage.

You shook your head with a soft smile at your friend's antics before ducking into your room. You sighed, clamping your hands over your chest to try and calm your thudding heartbeat. Ibuki was always a close talker, but this was a whole new level. It's like she was trying to give you heart palpitations.

Shaking your head, you decided not to keep her waiting and changed into your swimsuit rather quickly. Putting a large T-shirt over your two-piece bikini, you packed a small bag and began your mad dash to the beach. To your dismay, you didn't get past the cottages before slamming head-first into another student.