Bonding moments

-A few days later-

"Bah bah!" Wildbreak squeaked, crawling all over Breakdown's lap while he sat on the berth. He was feeling extra energetic today and certainly kept his parents busy watching him to make sure he didn't get hurt. Another thing he liked to do was squeal so loudly that it scared the living daylights out of Breakdown and nearly caused him to have a heart attack.

Because who didn't want to mess around with their sire a bit? It was fun!

"C'mere, squirt. You've got way too much energy today." Breakdown chuckled, reaching over and scooping Wildbreak up with his hand. He held the tiny sparkling in his palm and looked at him, smiling when he giggled. "What? Does my face look funny?" He grinned and made a funny face, making Wildbreak giggle even more.

Wildbreak squeaked and reached out to touch Breakdown's face with his tiny hands, trying to cover his optics so he couldn't see.

"Oh, you wanna play peek a boo?" Breakdown cooed playfully, gently pulling Wildbreak away and setting him down in his lap again. He covered both of his optics with his hands and grinned. "Uh oh, where did Wildbreak go?" After a few seconds, he withdrew his hands and snickered at Wildbreak's reaction. "There he is!" He then tickled his sparkling's tummy with his fingers.

Wildbreak squealed and rolled around, trying to get away from Breakdown's fingers.

After a minute or two, Breakdown stopped and caught his breath after laughing so much. He never expected to have this much fun with a little sparkling. His little sparkling.

———

-Two weeks later-

"Breakdown! Get the camera! I think Wildbreak is going to walk!" Knockout called eagerly, keeping one optic on Wildbreak to make sure he didn't get hurt somehow.

Breakdown was very much out of breath when he reached the berthroom, camera in hand. He had to look everywhere for it and almost never found it until he looked in a drawer. "Okay, I got it.." He wheezed, bending over for a moment before crouching next to Knockout and holding the camera steady.

Wildbreak looked at the camera curiously, wondering what it was. He pushed himself up onto his wobbly little legs and started heading towards it, Knockout's hands being close by in case he fell.

Breakdown snorted in amusement when Wildbreak went up to the camera lens and put his face really close to it. His spark was also pretty much exploding because he was so proud of his little sparkling. "I think he likes the camera."

"Just as long as he doesn't try to teethe on it, I'm fine with him being curious." Knockout snickered a bit, gently pulling Wildbreak back so he would walk again.

Wildbreak did his signature 'heart attack' squeal because he was upset that Knockout took him away from the camera and pouted, heading straight back to the camera lens and clinging to it. He was a little confused when he saw his reflection in the glass and tilted his head. "Bah?"

"Yeah, that's you bud. Your reflection." Breakdown said, making sure he was getting a video of this even though it would mostly be Wildbreak's face pressed up against the lens.

Wildbreak stared at his reflection for a moment more before losing interest and looking up at his sire. He squealed again and fell back on his behind, crawling instead of walking to get to his sire's leg.

"Wildbreak~" Knockout cooed, tapping on the floor to see if he could get his sparkling's attention. "I've got something for you." He grinned, holding out a toy he had bought earlier.

Wildbreak immediately lost interest in Breakdown and speed crawled over to Knockout, but wasn't rewarded with the toy just yet.

"You have to walk to me if you want the toy, Okay?" Knockout said, stifling a laugh at the angry look on Wildbreak's face. "No more squealing for now, it's very loud on your parents' audio receptors."

Wildbreak squealed anyway and pouted as Knockout set him down further away. He went to crawl again, but Knockout gently held him back. He whined and tried to push against his carrier's hand, but it was no use. Almost reluctantly, he pushed himself to his pedes and stormed past Knockout's hand.

"Very good! See? That wasn't so hard." Knockout chuckled, handing Wildbreak the toy and watching as the little one immediately clung to it.

"Y'know, when he really learns how to walk, we'll have a squealing sparkling running all around the house." Breakdown said, smiling as he watched Wildbreak play with the toy.

"Which just means we need to be extra vigilant. I've already sparkling-proofed the house, so there shouldn't be anything dangerous unless we leave something out." Knockout replied, glancing at Breakdown.

"Knowing you, I think Wildbreak is going to be the safest sparkling in the world."

"He will be because he is our sparkling and I would give up my life to make sure he was safe."

"I would too."