III. BEYOND THE BOUNDARIES.

DESCRIPTION: When alone, it's best to ensure you know where you're heading, especially if it can lead to certain danger.

WARNING: Swearing / Gore
WORD COUNT: 2682

━━━⋆☆⋆━━━

Beyond the worn down bricks was a sight the girl had enjoyed; no matter the scenario, the dead walking or even what once use to be a normal school day. The outside world was much more beautiful than the one she was being held hostage in for her safety. Within the walls of the school, there wasn't much to do to occupy the active mind, other than talking to people or even creating a game with the pebbles on the floor.

Yet, after a persistent debate with Marlon, he had allowed her to do what she pleased, as long as she didn't don't often. It all started with the two having a heated argument in his office, Rosie the dog barking in the background, not appreciating the fact her owner was in a dispute with someone.

The argument started when Y/N barged into the office, declaiming she was 'Stir Crazy' with doing the same everyday when not doing assigned tasked. Marlon was sitting comfortable in his chair, a book on the desk, he shrugged his shoulders.

With his lack of acknowledgement, the girls feet made their own decision and marched up to the boy, stealing the book from his hands and snapped it shut, making the sound bounced around the office. His eyes filled with anger, his body tensed before shooting up from his chair, slamming it into the cupboards behind him in accident, he didn't really know his strength. The boy looked at the girl, who was shocked by his actions and moved round to her, demanding to tell him what hell the problem was.

Therefore, Y/N told him what she wanted. Marlon wasn't having it. He stood towering over her smaller figure, arms crossed, shaking his head repeatedly. Displeased with the outcome, the smaller girl tackled the situation again. She tried to reason with why she wanted the rules to change, how it would help everyone if they could do what they pleased - inside the safe zone - in the woods.

The blonde shushed the dog which was barking still, before taking a look at Y/N. Her eyes were filled with hope, her hands clasped tightly behind her back as she rocked back and forth on her heels. Even within a world like this, she could always make Marlon smile and rethink. Meaning, he sighed before nodding his head allowing her. Only to make her stop celebrating, by telling her the rules for it; weapons in easy reach, no going out if tired and always back before pitch black.

Due to that argument and the agreement, it led Y/N to be standing in the woods at night. Her hands were planted on a oak tree. The tree had a story, just like everyone else. The trees either knew the world what it was before or how it is now - exactly like the generation in the world, the one which were born into the chaos.

Her hands rubbed against the rough bark of the tree, catching her breath. She'd been outside the walls for what seemed like hours, but then again the sky was beginning to dull, and the star light was taken over. It was time she began heading back, if she wanted to stay alive.

Her head looked in every direction, as she doing that, she shrugged off her plaid shit, tying it around her small waist, exposing the scruffy white shirt. Her feet swivelled, heading in the direction she came from. Her dirt cover hand, held securely onto her hand crafted knife in case of any danger.

As she strolled, her clumsy feet tumbled over the rotting twigs, which were scattered along the woodland trail. The holes in her ruined shoes began to collect things along the way, anything from dirt to sharp pointing stones. Her hand trembled to the cold air, handle of the knife becoming relatively cold.

The trail took an sharp turn. Y/N was still well aware, hence, when she heard moaning of the undead, she brought her knife up in a defence position. Beyond the trees to her left, wandered two walkers, their heads turning when a loud snap of a branches echoed the area.