XIV. STUMBLE INTO ME

DESCRIPTION: The Ericson kids won the war against Delta, meaning they were home and happy. What they were expecting was someone to come stumbling into them again.

WARNING: *Mitch is alive*
WORD COUNT: 2038

━━━⋆☆⋆━━━

"Fresh footprints." Aasim points out with his bow, one of the pointed ends grazing lightly against the dirt, creating a faint line. His words were quiet, not wanting to draw any unwanted attrition to himself. Aasim casted a glance over his shoulder, his movements gaining the attention of Louis, who was standing alert in the middle of the woodland trail, his chair leg hoisted over his left shoulder. "The footprints are coming from the direction Delta was in. You don't think it's them, right?"

The mention of Delta's name sent a shiver down his spine. The events which went down on the boat, permanently imprinted in his mind. The events were imprinted in everyone's mind at Ericson. At least everyone made it out alive, even Mitch, who experience an excruciating stab to the shoulder - thanks to Louis shooting an arrow at Lilly, distracting the older women.

Louis approached Aasim, taking a close inspection at the footprints. He places a reassuring hand on Aasim's shoulder, "They look like walker footprints. Sloppy and staggered," his eyes were still studying the prints. They faded off into the tree area. "Delta is definitely gone. They aren't coming back, I promise you. Do you trust me?"

Aasim nodded his head slowly. Louis was right. Delta shouldn't be come back, they were defeated by them. Aasim sighed, "You're right. I'm just very on edge still," he brought his bow back up, taking it away from the dirt. His fist clenched around the handle, nodding once again at Louis, "We have two more snares to check. Then we can go back home."

Louis noticed how Aasim was constantly checking over his shoulder. He sighed, lowering his chaird legs from his shoulder, "I'll check the area. I promise it will make you better."

Aasim hummed and advanced towards the next snare, leaving Louis to do what he said. Louis took a deep breathes before following the directions of the sloppy and staggered footsteps. His hands were tightening around the chair legs, ready to use it, if he needed too.

Louis held his breath, as he slowly rounded a corner. The first thing he noticed when he approached the tree was the uneasy breathing from the other side. Most likely a walker. He held the chair leg up higher in the air, ready to swing.

However, he never got he chance to swing the chair leg. The reason being was because he was sent into a state of shock when two hands pushed up against his chest, attempting to push him back. But the attempted shoved failed, and the person fell into his arms like.

Louis was quick to react, his chair leg abandoned on the woodland floor and held his arms around the person's body. He didn't know what to do, so he held them close in a reassuring hold. However, the person in his arms began to struggle, trying to find themselves a way out of the hold this stranger had in them; trying to find an escape.

"Breathe," Louis spoke to the person, realising they were panicking a lot, "I'm not going to hurt you."

The person shook their head, tears escaping the corner of their eyes. Bottom lip wobbling, "P-please. Let me go."

He listened. Opening up his arms, allowing the person to stumble backwards. Louis noticed how wobble they were, thus causing him to hold his arms out either side, ready to catch them.

Once he knew they were find, he lowered his hands, but left his left one out, a perfect invitation for the person to shake it, "My names Louis," he placed his other hand in his chest, gesturing to himself, "And your name is?"