XIII. KNOW WHERE WE ARE.

DESCRIPTION: When the news broke to Y/N that their siblings is still alive, they set out to find them. Leaving their home behind.

WARNING: *Y/N and their brother were separated at the start of the apocalypse*. Swearing.
WORD COUNT: 1552

━━━⋆☆⋆━━━

Lilly casted a look towards Y/N - who was tending to a cowering Louis - their facial features oddly familiar. She couldn't exactly pinpoint where she recognised the face, but she knew that if she rattled her brain long enough, she would figure it out. The older women pursed her lips, before she decided to stalk forwards; approaching the familiar faced person.

Lilly rested her hand upon Y/N's shoulder, a cold shiver - like iced water cold - went shooting down Y/N's spine. Y/N didn't like the feel of Lilly's touch, to them her hands felt like death.

Y/N eyes were quick to divert to the placed hand. An instinct was telling them to shrug it off, yet the other half of them didn't want to piss this Lilly person off; that wouldn't be a good idea.

"You know, you look oddly familiar," Lilly began, her words rolling from her tongue. The tone of her voice made Y/N shiver again, the way she was speaking only sent alarm bells to their head. Lilly started down at the person, the metaphorical clogs in her brain ticking away, trying to figure out where she recognised them from. Lilly blinked, a loose eyelash tumbling down her face and then everything clicked in her mind.

Therefore, Lilly snapped her fingers. The snap causing the scared tall boy to flinch. "I know where you look familiar from. I knew this boy, who looked similar to you."

Y/N turned their gaze away from the hand on their shoulder and back to their friend. They felt him jump, meaning that his heart in his chest could potentially be racing rapidly, due to the lack of space between between him and his torturer.

Y/N wasn't going to cave into a women they didn't know. Especially if they were going to play the card they thought they were.

Lilly smirked, her hand tightening on Y/N's shoulder, her nails digging in slightly, bruises likely to form at a later date, "Unfortunately, I can't remember his name. But, seeing you, sparked a memory in my mind," Lilly noticed the silence which was in the room. Y/N wasn't responding and Louis - despite his mouth not throbbing much anymore - didn't mumble. "Do you know his name?"

Y/N finally had enough from this lady, thus causing them to look at Lilly, their eyes burning to the women. Y/N scowled, "No." their voice was stern, they weren't letting Lilly get to them, "I have no idea who you're talking about."

Lilly chuckled, "Such a shame. You see, he mentioned that he had a sibling. Kept a small photo in his back pocket. It was some school photo," Lilly explained the photo she had saw time and time again when they were in the same group. "Very cute. Especially because he lost them at the start."

Y/N felt a hand rest on theirs. Louis was trying to comfort them still, knowing that their brother was a touchy subject. Y/N took a deep breath, composing themselves before Lilly opened her mouth once again, "Guess it's just a coincidence then. However, he did say his siblings name was Y/N. And if I heard correctly, wasn't that your name? I'm pretty sure that's what he," Lilly gestured to Louis, "Called you before... you know. He lost his tongue."

Y/N shrugged, "Small world," their voice was bitter. "It's quite the coincidence that people have the same names. Like woah, shocker. It's as if we all get our names from the same place."