XI. YOU'RE OKAY.

DESCRIPTION: People always care. Y/N is like a sister to Mitch and Willy.

WARNING: *Events of E1 haven't happened. But Clem and AJ are at Ericson* / Swearing.
WORD COUNT: 2076

━━━⋆☆⋆━━━

The trees stood tall over the woodland area, the branches intertwining with one another, the scorching sunlight still seemed to pierce itself through the gaps between each individual leaves. Due to the fact the sun was scorching and was peeking through the gaps, it created layer of sweat on the girls forehead and exposed shoulders. For the girl, she found the weather in the summer to be worse than any other weather within the year. The only reason being was because it brought the pungent smell of the rotting corpses of the walker, which roamed aimlessly around the area and also because - yet this reason was a stupid reason - it made people smell much worse than they already were.

Y/N pirouetted on her left foot, her arms extended out at her side, holding her balanced. She looked around, squinting in the process, wanting to be aware of her surroundings, and if one of the rotten teeth was sneaking up on her. A cough rose in her throat, causing her to double over, emitting it through her tight lips.

"Ouch," she whispered to no one in particular, rubbing her throat with her free hand. "That bloody sucks," she lifted herself back up, once again being aware of her surroundings as she made a mass of sound, "Phew. No rotten teeth at least".

Her hand wrapped tightly around her weapon, now resuming the stance she was once in and began back in her journey to the school. Her feet were sore from all the constant walking, the amount of uneven grounds she had walked on had messed up her feet for the time being. Every step she took and her foot slipped, she let out a minor hiss, the impact of it not helping her at all.

She slipped through some trees, her attention mainly on the ground in case any walker was there, ready to snap away at her appetising ankle. She rustled some bushes, the only thing emerging from them being a small animal, either a wild squirrel or a bunny. Every time this happened, she let out a small sigh of relief, knowing that nothing was going to harm her, and also knowing she was getting closer to the school; to home.

Yet, her movement was postponed when she heard an inhuman groan, one which she had heard hundreds of times before as the years passed by, in the agonising pace. She allowed a soft gasp to bypass her lips, the walker noticing the sound almost instantly and turned around, then began to stagger it's way over in such an urge, an urge for food. Y/N bobbed her head, the knife which held in her hand was ready, ready to fend for herself in any danger.

She brace herself for the walker. When it came down to killing them, she wasn't overly keen on the matter, however, she knew the way of the world, how it was either kill or be killed, how it was so unfair. The main reason why she hated killing walkers, was because the aftermath of it all, he fact that you'd have to touch the rotting skull to receive the weapons - if it's managed to get itself lodged in. Another reason which she didn't like it was because the walker blood splattered in her face and she had to push away the wanting sensation to lick her lips - not to taste the blood, but to wet her lips as they were constantly dry.

Y/N blinked as the walker got closer, she clenched her hand around the handle of the blade and crept forwards. Her leg went out, kicking the shin - something she had learnt from Clementine - the walker toppled down to its knee, as if it was ready to propose to the girl. Yet, Y/N impaled the walkers head with her knife, the blood spewing out from the inflicted wound.

Y/N closed her eyes for a moment, catching breath, and then she removed her knife, her hand touching the coldness of the bald head. She watched the walker fall limp onto the floor, it's limbs sprawled out on the floor. Y/N placed her hands on her hips, admiring the killing, but it was cut short when she allowed another cough to escape, another one which felt like it was ripping her throat apart.