X. I CAN'T LOSE YOU TOO.

DESCRIPTION: Willy lost Mitch the night the raider came; someone he saw as a brother. He wasn't about to lose Y/N too.

WARNING: Swearing / Death (Mitch's)
WORD COUNT: 1630

━━━⋆☆⋆━━━

Clementine and AJ jumped down from their post, the stone ground crunching underneath their feet. Y/N watched them from the steps of the admin building, her hands tightening around the bow string of her weapon. She knew she should join the mix of the teenagers, so she could get to know the final parts of the plan. But her feet just wasn't moving and they didn't feel like they would any time soon.

An impact hit her body. A head burying its self in the side of her body. She looked down, the familiar sight of scruffy hair warmed her heart. Willy has wrapped his small arms around the middle of her waist. The small boy found a sense of relief the moment he heard the bow clutter to the floor and two arms wrap around him. The smaller boy inhaled, not wanting to let go of her. A fear bubbling inside of him, a fear which he would lose her the night Delta attacked. That very night.

"You'll be safe, right?" Willy chocked out, firmly fighting the fear inside of him. Y/N threaded her hand into his greasy scruffy hair, ruffling it up a small bit, "Promise me, Y/N. Promise me you'll be safe".

Y/N felt her heart beat faster and she sighed, her hand still running through the smaller boys hair, "Shouldn't I be the one tell you to be safe? You're the one which is going to help Mitch. You've got a much more dangerous job than me".

Willy began to chuckle into her chest and pulled away from the hug, beaming smile on his face, "You know Mitch won't allow anything to happen to me. But can you promise me? That you'll stay safe?"

"I sure can promise you that little man," Y/N promised, holding her pinkie out for the boy to lace with; which he indeed did, with a goofy look plastered on his face, "I promise. But listen, keep an eye on Mitch, yeah? This is a dangerous job".

A gun shot echoed around the courtyard, a small cry emitting from Omar - the one which was shot. Willy found himself holding onto the wrist of Y/N, the fear inside of him once again high. The moment the gun shot went off, Mitch had scattered back from the group, finding himself at the side of Willy in a protective manner, being the big brother he is.

Mitch looked at Y/N, then bent down and received her bow, "Get cover. Have our backs, yeah?"

Y/N nodded before taking both of the boys into a hug. It was a quick one though; one which spoke for itself, one which said return to me in one piece, no scratches. Y/N ran behind the wall, her knees clicking as she bent down. She was situated on the other wall to where Violet and Louis was, wanting to have a better view whenever she peered over the wall to see where her boys were. The only reason why she wanted to keep an eye on her friends, was because she also had an underlining fear inside of her, which was there no matter how hard she fought it.

Her mind races with the endless possibilities of how this could go down. They - Mitch and Willy - could get caught instantly, resulting in Delta to take them and leave; as they got what they wanted, more people. Or Delta could use them as a leverage, to manipulate more kids into coming with them. The worst possibility which came to her mind was the fact that if Clementine screwed up ever so slightly, if Clementine lost the attention of Lilly, then Willy and Mitch could both be shot dead, before they even had a chance to defend themselves.

"Vi," Y/N whispered across the gap to where the blonde girl was crouched down besides Louis. Violet turned, trying to make sure she head didn't pop up over the wall, "Can you see Willy and Mitch?" The boys were no where in her eye sight