22

I've been in in school suspension a few times before and it never got any better. Today I was sitting in a room near administration, by myself, while the Vice Principal checked in on me every three seconds. What was I going to do? Start a fucking riot all by myself? He was an idiot. Everyone these days are idiots. It didn't help my anger levels that I had to write an apology essay to coach McKinnon. I'm not sorry in the slightest. He was a jerk and deserved what he got. I on the other hand didn't deserve this. I was being caged up like an animal. I spent the night with Vic which was a highlight of the past couple of days. Waking up next to him is something I wanted to do all the time, but of course we couldn't. I was half tempted to drop out of school so I could be with him, but that's out of the question. My parents probably wouldn't approve of me being with an older guy, especially a teacher, not that I cared much for what they thought about me. They wanted me gone anyway. They didn't even care that I had disappeared yesterday. I got home that morning and they didn't notice, so I just had a shower, got changed and left for school, and now here I am.

"Stop fucking checking on me I'm not going anywhere!" I shouted at Mr. Todd, the Vice Principal, when he showed up in the door way again. He barely even reacted to my outburst.

"You're required to go to the guidance counselor's office immediately," he said. I was surprised that he hadn't yelled at me for swearing. He gave me a sympathetic look. Why? I have no idea. A spark of happiness ignited in me because I would be able to see Vic. He probably just wanted to give me a break from being in here bored out of my mind.

I got out of my seat, leaving my things on the desk, and walked past Mr. Todd. Vic's office was just a short walk down the hall. I went by myself, Mr. Todd not bothering to follow, and opened Vic's door. I stopped in my tracks though when I saw there were others in the room. Vic was at his desk, in his chair. He looked up at me but I couldn't tell the expression on his face. My mom and Rob were sitting across from him. Rob had the same sympathetic expression that Mr. Todd had. My mom looked upset. Principal Holland was standing next to Vic's chair. Straight away my mind went to the worst possible explanation and I thought that they had found out about Vic and I. I was feeling panicked now.

"What's going on?" I asked cautiously.

"Kellin...you might want to come in and take a seat," Vic said softly. I would think that if they had found out about Vic and myself then he would be acting more panicked. So if that's not what's going on, then what is?

"No, I'm fine standing. What's going on?" I repeated myself. Vic looked up at Holland then at my parents. They just nodded at him.

"We need to talk to you about something very important, and I need you to try and keep calm about this," he said. I was getting really worried now.

"Okay..." I said nervously. I crossed my arms over my chest in defense. What could this possibly be about.

"I've been talking to your parents this morning about your behavior and-"

"I knew it," I interrupted him as a thought popped into my mind, "You're sending me away to boarding school. I told you, I fucking told you you were all against me,"

"Stop. It's not that at all," Vic said.

"Liar," I spat out.

"Kellin, please, just listen to him," Rob said forcefully. I shut up and looked back at Vic.

"Okay... like I said, we were talking about your behavior and I, actually we all think that you might have..." He paused momentarily before continuing, "Um... you might have bipolar disorder."

I stood there in shock. I wasn't too sure what I was expecting but it definitely wasn't that. They've got to be kidding, right? I looked at my parent's faces. They were serious.