Chapter twelve: Brothers and old AU

Stretch's POV:

Blue came to me with an idea, which I agreed to, so Error is on his way now.

"Sup guys!" Error greeted as he came through a portal.

"Heya/Hello!" We responded.

"So what's up?" Error asked.

"I had an idea and I wanna know if you want to do it!" Blue exclaimed, vibrating from excitement.

"Shoot." Error responded.

"WelliwaswonderingifyouwantedtogolookforyouroldAUnowthatyournolongerdestroying!" Blue rushed.

"Um... Come again?" Error remarked.

"His idea is that we look for your old universe that you lived in before you were the destroyer," I explained.

"Oh..." Error said, shocked. "...Sure? But... What will they think of me... I've hurt so many..."

"Then I will explain it to them!" Blue shouted.

"Hhh, It's worth a try." Error smiled.

~Timeskip~

It's been two hours since we've started searching. Ink, Dream, and Nightmare have joined us looking for it. We stumbled into another universe as Error pulled up the code.

"Undertwist, Original universe. It's familiar but I don't believe I've ever destroyed a copy like this." Error said.

"Well let's go look for the papyrus of this universe than. Maybe they know what's going on." Nightmare suggested. We all nodded and started heading to the brother's house. As we walked there, I overheard the residents whispering.

"Isn't that Sans?"

"I think so! He looks so different."

"They all look similar though."

"Undyne said that it was Mettaton's fault for the resets though.."

We continued walking to the house until we were approached by Toriel.

"Hello, gentlemen! What brings you here?" Toriel asked.

"Hello, mam! My name is Dream! This is my brother Nightmare and my friend's Ink, Error, Blue, and Stretch. A while ago Error was forced away from his universe and lost his memories of it. Do you by chance know if there's an AU that a monster went missing from?" Dream explained.

"Ah yes... Our AU did in fact. Our Chara equal went missing. Alphys and a few others say they know what happened. I'll bring you to her now." Toriel replied, leading us away from the ruins.

We entered the castle and went through, all the way to the Throne Room. We saw Alphys on the throne, doing paperwork.

"Queen Alphys." Toriel bowed. We followed in suit.

"Captian Toriel. What brings you here?" Alphys greeted.

"These monsters are here searching to see if they can find Error's universe. Since you knew about Sans going missing the most, I brought them to you." Toriel explained.

"...I see... you are dismissed." Alphys said, putting away her paperwork.

"Yes, Queen," Toriel replied, leaving us.

"Who is Error?" Alphys asked. Error stepped forwards.

"Me, your highness." Error answered, bowing again.

"Well than Error, welcome home." She said, making all of our heads snap up.

"W-what?" Error muttered.

"This is your universe. Fate forced some others and me to be the voices, otherwise, this universe would have been destroyed by her. In this universe, you took Chara's place from Undertale." Alphys explained.

"Well, that explains why you took care of the Chara equals." Nightmare added in.

"Yes. But just so you know, nobody else approved of Undyne's way of talking to you." Alphys says.

"I... didn't expect to find this place... I thought Fate had destroyed it..." Error nervously admits.

"I see. Well to inform you, we locked away our Frisk equal so they can't use Determination to Reset anymore. We also managed to get your brother a soul. I'm sure he'll want to see you again. Follow me." Alphys said, getting off the throne and walking into one of the corridors.

"So who's all switched here? I don't remember making this universe." Ink asked.

"That's because you didn't. Destiny made it. Which is why Error is her chosen child. Anyways here's a list of all the switches from the original universe." Alphys replied, handing us a list.

Sans - Chara
Papyrus - Asriel
Undyne - Toriel
Alphys - Asgore
Mettaton - Frisk
Toriel - Undyne
Asgore - Alphys
Asriel - Temmie
Frisk - Flowey
Muffet - Papyrus
Grillby - Napstablook
Flowey - Grillby
Temmie - Muffet
Chara - Mettaton
Napstablook - Sans

(Oh my stars it took so many adjustments to find everyone a switch that I haven't seen before. I'm ashamed that I almost forgot our ghosty boy! I hope I haven't forgotten anybody else. If I did, let me know and I'll edit it so they are apart of our main crew.)

"I never noticed how many switched there are... and this isn't even all monsters." Dream muttered.

"Hmm, I presume there are a lot, aren't there." Alphys hummed. "Anyways here we are. Papyrus, can you come out?" Alphys asked, knocking on the door.

"Yeah?" My counterpart replied, opening the door.

"Sans is back," Alphys answered, gesturing to Error.

"Sans!" He exclaimed, hugging Error. Error started glitching harshly.

"uM... h! ?" Error greeted.

"Brother you look so different... In a good way though! But why are you glitching?" He questioned, letting go.

"!'m N0T g00D w!tH pHyC!Al C0NtAcT w!tH tH0s3 ! D0N't Kn0w AnD ! d0n'T r3m3b3r AnYtH!Ng B3F0R3 Th3 aNt!-v0!d." Error explaied, still glitching.

We got to know Error's AU more until we had to leave. But Error and Ink stayed over for the night. I honestly wouldn't blame them if they moved in there.