Twenty Six

"What are you doing here?" I asked Jisung after Felix and I had successfully stood up.

"Well I was..... just having some fun with a friend of mine," Jisung had replied.

"What friend?" Felix asked, and as soon as those words left his mouth, a girl came skating over to us.

"Hey, Jisung I ordered the pizza-" she stopped speaking as soon as she noticed Felix and I's presence.

"Oh! Hi, I'm Mae, you guys must be Jisung's friends," She introduced herself with a smile. 

I stared at her. She was the girl from the picture. She was much prettier in person, I could see why Jisung would leave me for her. 

Felix seemed to notice my frown and did the talking for me.

"I'm Felix and this is Eva, nice to meet you," He smiled politely.

It really wasn't.

"Jisung, why don't we share the pizza with them? It's too much for the both of us anyway," Mae had suggested.

"Sure, only if you guys want to, that is," Jisung stared at me.

Felix looked at me, silently asking if I wanted to.

"Sure, why not?" I had surprised both Felix and I by my answer. I didn't know what I was saying but it was too late now.

"Great! Why don't we head over to a table now? The pizza should be ready any minute now!" Mae exclaimed enthusiastically. 

The three of us followed Mae to a table in the center of the room after we had removed our skates. Mae was an enthusiastic person from what I've seen. While we waited for our pizza, she wouldn't stop blabbing away and was the only person speaking since she didn't leave any room for any of us to speak. 

Jisung wouldn't stop staring at me with those big eyes of his that I've grown so fond of. His eyes held sadness and confusion that even I was confused as to why they held such sorrow. He would often stop his staring when Mae brought him up in one of her stories. 

Felix on the other hand, was on the point of falling asleep. His eyes would close for a brief moment before snapping open again, trying his hardest to stay awake and listen to Mae's blabbing. The moment they brought our pizza over was when Felix snapped out of it and greedily grabbed a slice. 

"This pizza is good," Felix commented with a mouthful of pizza.

About 15 minutes later, the pizza was gone. Each of us had ate a slice, Felix being the one who had eaten the most. That kid sure had a lot of room in that stomach of his. 

Mae had resumed her talking again and I internally sighed. I really wanted to shove a handful of napkins in her mouth to shut her up. I tapped Felix's thigh to catch his attention and motioned to the door, to which he thankfully caught on. 

"Listen guys, this was fun and all, but we really have to go, it's getting late. Thanks for the pizza!" Felix rushed out as we got up from our seats. 

"Wait," Jisung caught my wrist as I turned to leave. 

I froze for a minute before turning around to face him.

"Can we talk? Alone?" Jisung stood up.

No, was what I wanted to say, but said the opposite.

"Okay," I agreed. I had asked Felix to wait for me to which he agreed and decided to chat with Mae as he waited. 

Jisung had led me over to a much quieter place which was in the corner of the room. His hand never left mine as he spoke. 

"How have you been, Eva?" He had asked me.

"Fine," I had responded.

Liar, I told myself. But I wasn't going to give him the satisfaction of telling him I was doing horribly without him. 

He nodded and stayed silent for a moment. 

"Since when are you and Felix friends? When did you guys start hanging out?" Jisung threw these questions at me at once. 

"Since our break," I emphasized the word break.

"You know it seems like you guys are a little bit more than just friends, don't you think?" Jisung sarcastically asked, letting go of my hand. 

"Why would you care? You seem to be enjoying cheating on me with Mae," I glared at him. 

"What? What are you talking about?" 

"Don't you dare act dumb with me. I know you and Mae have a little thing going on here," I rolled my eyes. 

"Thing? What thing? Why on earth would you think we have something going on?" He exclaimed.

"I saw what you posted, and your little caption too,"I poked at his chest accusingly. 

"What caption?"

" 'Always you' " I mimicked. 

"And you even added a little heart next to it too," I gave him a dirty look. 

Jisung sighed and ran a hand down his face in frustration. 

"Me and Mae aren't dating, okay? We're just friends," Jisung said calmly.

"Oh, please. Friends my ass," I scoffed. 

"Eva, please believe me. She's only a friend, nothing else. Besides, why would I try and get with an engaged woman?" He shrugged.

"E-engaged?" I asked flustered. 

"Yup, she may look young but she's older than us, trust me," He confirmed. 

I felt like a complete idiot. This whole time Jisung was hanging around with an engaged woman and I thought they were a thing. 

"B-but the caption-"

"I said that because she was there for me, and I know she always will. She's really important to me," Jisung told me. 

I stayed silent, not knowing what to say. I was so humiliated. I mean, what was I supposed to say? He probably thought I was the stupidest person ever. 

"I'm sorry I thought you cheated, I guess I was just finding another excuse to be mad at you," I apologized. 

Jisung smiled and pulled me into a hug. 

"I would never cheat on you. You're the only one I have eyes for and I want you to understand that," Jisung breathed into my hair. 

I nodded against his chest. 

"And screw this whole break thing, I don't wanna be distant anymore," Jisung sighed. 

"Why did you even want to take a break anyways?" I pulled away.

"I thought you didn't like me anymore," He frowned. 

I scoffed. He really caused all of this drama because he thought I didn't like him anymore? What a stupid, idiotic sex craved demon. 

"Why would you even think that?! You're such an idiot!" I punched him on the shoulder. 

"I know, I know! I'm sorry, Eva," He grabbed my hands.

"It was stupid, I know, but I just couldn't help but overthink," Jisung's shoulders sagged. 

"Well don't, alright? Because I love you the way you are," I smiled. 

His eyes widened for a split second before he smiled back. 

"I love you, too."